Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Holy Cow! ... Three in a DAY! ... (Burnt Ignition Module)

Yes, that could happen, and the Thing is Working Fine so Far, but the Junk Yard Distribuitor where I Took the Ignition Module, was placed under Sun & Rain without the Cap, so maybe its exposure to the elements could shorten its lifespan...

That is the reason Why I Purchased a New Ignition Module from RockAuto.

Also, maybe I Could obtain a couple more used Ignition Modules from Ivans Imports... not only for my Subie, but also I could Help another Local Subie owner with that Scarse Part.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Something interesting that I want to Share is the Fact that all that three bad things that Happen in one Day, ended being Good Luck somehow ... :eek: ... let me Explain:

The Fact that the Distribuitor's Module failed in the Morning of a Good Weather Day, was Good Luck; it could failed in one of my many many Night trips and here rains very frequently... so it could happen in an even much worse scenario.

I was planning to do a Rear Parking Brake (e-Brake) Retrofit on my "BumbleBeast" since long time ago, but never had the Time to go Hunting for Parts to local Junk Yards (Called here ~► "Yonkers"), also the subie was working Fine; but since I was somehow "Forced" to search for the Ignition Module, by the way I managed to search for the parts for the Rear parking brake (e-Brake) Retrofit at the same time; and I did it! ... ;) ... the Retrofit is successfully done, more info, ~► Here.

Also I found many other useful subaru parts :brow:

The bank refunded my money.

The Ignition Module that came from the Local Junk Yard keeps working flawlessly; so I decided to let it stay working there, and now I have a Brand New Beck-Arnley spare ignition Module in its Box, which I haven't had when the problems started.

So, somehow it was a God Blessing that day! :)

Kind Regards.

• Like 1