Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1979 Subaru Brat 4x4 4spd ALL ORIGINAL

lilredjusty88

Well guys here it is my recent aquasition 1979 subaru brat 4x4 4spd... its mileage is unknown, heads have been rebuilt, valves adjusted, brakes fixed, exhaust fixed... still needs a transmission, only drives in RWD, and need a back window.. Overall my mechanic said it was a solid running car, and i say its so quiet you cant hear it till ya push on the gas. OH AND IT HAS ORIGINAL JUMPSEATS!:headbang:

post-34815-136027657279_thumb.jpg

post-34815-136027657296_thumb.jpg

post-34815-136027657302_thumb.jpg

post-34815-13602765731_thumb.jpg

post-34815-136027657317_thumb.jpg

Right on! I am always glad to see the Gen 1's come to the surface. Good luck finding parts, lol. Really though, they are rare for parts but a lot of people on here will help ya out.

well i will say this, when i drive it, i get a feeling of joy and not a care in the world.. kinda odd actually LOL, but its just knowing i finally got what i TRUELY want.. although i want a EA82 wagon very badly in addition to the 2 88 Justy's i have and the 93 loyale sedan i have, and the 79 brat... lol SUBARU FOR LIFE!!!

I actually sold a brand new WRX after I bought my Brat. The feeling I get driving it makes me happier than a 300hp WRX?! Guess it is how you look at life?! I might be getting old enough to care about being slow and different. Enter the Gen 1 Brat, lol.

I actually sold a brand new WRX after I bought my Brat. The feeling I get driving it makes me happier than a 300hp WRX?! Guess it is how you look at life?! I might be getting old enough to care about being slow and different. Enter the Gen 1 Brat, lol.

i have dually noted that the giddy up in a brat is well SPUNKY!! for a lil 65hp motor lol being mine is stuck in rwd i actually acidently fishtailed in the road today taking off LOL its got balls!! :headbang:

From the pics it looks like you can use the rear window. I have one in good shape and with a good gasket and has the middle slider thats opens up. Was going to use it for my brat cuase I have the solid back window but a cant keep dumping money into my brat as much so Im not going to use it. Let me know.. Email me at tbag1331@yahoo.com.

Wow cool... Your dashboard looks worse then mine and I thought mine was pretty bad. Lucky I had a hard dash cap cover. Any bits and pieces of what you might need, throw it out there might have it and I emailed you back on the rear window!!!:popcorn:

I'll tell you guys i've got a possesed car, things work when ever they want and its WIERD 4th gear works when it wants to the front driver marker light works when ever it wants, winshileld washer pumps fluid when it wants. its the car of many mysterys it really is

try going through your wiring and cleaning the contacts, that and flush the transmission out and add new performance marked gear oil. I would advise carrying around a small fire extinguisher if you are having wiring problems, until you can figure it all out.:Flame:

• 2 months later...

well guys got a problem with the brat i think i located the problem.. can the transistor ignition module next to the coil cause the coil not to get power and the idiot lights on the cluster not to light up when i start the car?? it cranks, and got fuel pump, just no fire and dashlights.. i checked the the fuses under dash and its none of those that i know.. i need help its not running!!! :(