Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lifting Subaru GL

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TrevHow'l

TrevHow'l

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Asheville North Carolina

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hi I'm new here and could not find where to search for this as I'm sure its been talked about already. So here it is. Defer me with a link or re-answer please.

I just bought a 1989 Subaru GL and have heard that it is possible to lift it using Forester coils. My questions are: Would I need or want to use the struts as well assuming it is possible? How much would it potentially lift the vehicle? And are there any other Subaru's that could lift it more than the Forester?

I want a moderate or better lift and am considering getting 15" wheels as well (I'm assuming I would want and need them). After some researching I couldn't find much on the how to do this but man I found some videos that make me feel like I NEED to do this. The car has 130,000 miles on it and runs great. It already needs struts on the left side so this just seems like fate.

Thanks for the info/help.

#2 Ibreakstuff

Ibreakstuff

USMB Regular

• Gold Subscribers
  • 496 posts
  • NorCal Transplant

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

The easiest way to search for things is go to google, prefix any search like so:
site:ultimatesubaru.org forester spring on ea strut

Forester struts would not fit without doing a 5 lug swap, not sure about the springs on an EA strut. Its common to lift imprezas with forester springs/struts however.

Maybe you just need an SJR lift kit? Or fab up something similar.

#3 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Up at the top of the page is a search drop down menu.

Also, in the offroad subforum there is a thread at the top called the offroad FAQ, that will answer all your questions.

Welcome Aboard.

#4 TrevHow'l

TrevHow'l

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Asheville North Carolina

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thank you for the assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users