Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

5lug + FWD>AWD - 90 fwd loyale 3 door

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 snofool

snofool

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • colorado

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

I have a 90 legacy donor car, can I use those knuckles and hubs and still use the xt6 calipers as they have the e brake? I have all the xt6 stuff with good rotors and calipers and pads, but I cannot find a wheel seal that will fit the knuckle and fit the axel from a 93 fwd 5spd.Thanks for your advise. 

Edited by snofool, 10 August 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#27 tractor pole

tractor pole

[catch phrase here]

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • Monroe, WA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

I have a 90 legacy donor car, can I use those knuckles and hubs and still use the xt6 calipers as they have the e brake? I have all the xt6 stuff with good rotors and calipers and pads, but I cannot find a wheel seal that will fit the knuckle and fit the axel from a 93 fwd 5spd.Thanks for your advise.

I was able to make loyale front calipers work on impreza spindles but you need to make sure the rotors are the same size and use the loyale caliper slide pins.

Edited by tractor pole, 10 August 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#28 86 Wonder Wedge

86 Wonder Wedge

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Akron, OH

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

I was able to make loyale front calipers work on impreza spindles but you need to make sure the rotors are the same size and use the loyale caliper slide pins.

I can confirm this works. Non-ABS caliper brackets and the matching rotor work with the Loyale caliper. Honestly, the only difference between the calipers is the worm-drive piston for the E-brake. Even the brake pads are nearly identical with only a 0.20" difference in length between the EA82 and GC (Impreza) front pads.

#29 snofool

snofool

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • colorado

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Sweet, I was bummed about losing the e brake. I will now have to find some impreza knuckles and loyale calipers. 

#30 86 Wonder Wedge

86 Wonder Wedge

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Akron, OH

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

You can even use 89-96 Legacy spindles (with ABS just needs the bigger bracket since the hub was larger and to clear the ABS ring) as long as you get matching brackets and rotors. I only mentioned the impreza since you're much more likely to find non-ABS stuff on them than the Legacies.. Good luck!

#31 snofool

snofool

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • colorado

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

You can even use 89-96 Legacy spindles (with ABS just needs the bigger bracket since the hub was larger and to clear the ABS ring) as long as you get matching brackets and rotors. I only mentioned the impreza since you're much more likely to find non-ABS stuff on them than the Legacies.. Good luck!

I have 90 non abs legacy knuckles and the mounting hardware for the calipers are much further apart on the legacy knuckles. I used the legacy calipers and rotors, I would love to get an brake back though. I don't see how the gl/loyale calipers will work in place of these. Not sure houw you guys did this but pictures would be awsome if you can get some.

#32 tractor pole

tractor pole

[catch phrase here]

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • Monroe, WA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

I have 90 non abs legacy knuckles and the mounting hardware for the calipers are much further apart on the legacy knuckles. I used the legacy calipers and rotors, I would love to get an brake back though. I don't see how the gl/loyale calipers will work in place of these. Not sure houw you guys did this but pictures would be awsome if you can get some.

I think it is specific to non-ABS early (93-96?)Impreza caliper brackets, All I had to change was the slide pin and the Loyale front caliper went right on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users