Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5lug + FWD>AWD - 90 fwd loyale 3 door

Ibreakstuff

I have a 90 legacy donor car, can I use those knuckles and hubs and still use the xt6 calipers as they have the e brake? I have all the xt6 stuff with good rotors and calipers and pads, but I cannot find a wheel seal that will fit the knuckle and fit the axel from a 93 fwd 5spd.Thanks for your advise. 

Edited by snofool

I have a 90 legacy donor car, can I use those knuckles and hubs and still use the xt6 calipers as they have the e brake? I have all the xt6 stuff with good rotors and calipers and pads, but I cannot find a wheel seal that will fit the knuckle and fit the axel from a 93 fwd 5spd.Thanks for your advise.

I was able to make loyale front calipers work on impreza spindles but you need to make sure the rotors are the same size and use the loyale caliper slide pins.

Edited by tractor pole
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to make loyale front calipers work on impreza spindles but you need to make sure the rotors are the same size and use the loyale caliper slide pins.

I can confirm this works. Non-ABS caliper brackets and the matching rotor work with the Loyale caliper. Honestly, the only difference between the calipers is the worm-drive piston for the E-brake. Even the brake pads are nearly identical with only a 0.20" difference in length between the EA82 and GC (Impreza) front pads.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You can even use 89-96 Legacy spindles (with ABS just needs the bigger bracket since the hub was larger and to clear the ABS ring) as long as you get matching brackets and rotors. I only mentioned the impreza since you're much more likely to find non-ABS stuff on them than the Legacies.. Good luck!

I have 90 non abs legacy knuckles and the mounting hardware for the calipers are much further apart on the legacy knuckles. I used the legacy calipers and rotors, I would love to get an brake back though. I don't see how the gl/loyale calipers will work in place of these. Not sure houw you guys did this but pictures would be awsome if you can get some.

I have 90 non abs legacy knuckles and the mounting hardware for the calipers are much further apart on the legacy knuckles. I used the legacy calipers and rotors, I would love to get an brake back though. I don't see how the gl/loyale calipers will work in place of these. Not sure houw you guys did this but pictures would be awsome if you can get some.

I think it is specific to non-ABS early (93-96?)Impreza caliper brackets, All I had to change was the slide pin and the Loyale front caliper went right on.