Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

79 Brat instrument cluster

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 990 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Im looking for a Brat 78-81 DL instrument cluster in good shape and I would consider a GL with tach also. I have replaced my old beat up one with it appears to be a 2wd wagon one. I need a brat one that has the 4WD light and no Rear Defroster light so please no wagon clusters. Please let me know what you have and I will need pics as well for its condition. No hurry cuase the one I got works but would like to find an original one that actually came from a brat. Thanks.......:Flame:

#2 Lachlan

Lachlan

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Albuquerque

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

I have a non-tach one if you still need.

#3 ITBandit

ITBandit

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Hollister

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

I know you've helped me, but i still fail at removing the dash off my BRAT.

If i can ever figure out how to do it i can send u one with a tach :P .. course at this point i seem to be making promises that i can't keep for lack of deconstruction skills. :/

#4 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 990 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

Actually found one off ebay so thanks anyways. You dont have to remove the dashboard to install one at all. Just remove the steering wheel and then there about 4 screws to remove the surround bezel thats in front of the cluster and then 4 more screws that keep the cluster in place. Comes right out and just unplug the speedo plug in back along with 2 other plugs that twist out and its out. Then reverse everything and put the new one in. Its an easy fix and If I can do it, anyone can cuase I suck at this car stuff.:D takes me about 15 to 20 mins tops....

#5 ITBandit

ITBandit

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Hollister

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

awesome i'll have to try that out :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users