Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Easy Carb Gasket Question

Alright so since rebuilding my carb and intalling it my car now idles around 1400rpm and wont go any lower. Hoses look good btw.

After doing a quick spray check around the main gasket to between the carb and intake manifold i nocited i've got a leak there, so i'm gettin a new gaset to replace it.

Question is with the new set comes 2 types of gaskets for the intake manifold. Am i supposeed to use both or just the one that fits the style of my carburetor (in this case its the one that allows for the coolant to pass underneath.

Common sense tells me just use the one, but then, I'm not sure why i have the leak in the first place.... Bad gasket perhaps?

Thanks for the help guys you're all awesome.

Edited by ITBandit

Thanks.

Arg tempting me to spend more money on something i've been wanting :/

I just might have to take you up on that one. Is this a haynes that you want to sell me?

..HEY if i put a picture of a wheel on here you think u might be able to tell me what kind it is?

(thick-set 12 spoke, alloy i think)

...One of the few things of worth on my silly parts car and i need new Shaft lug nuts for it but i dont know what size/thead count they are. Thinking if i could figure out what kind of wheel i got might make things a little easier.

Edited by ITBandit

Here's the wheel

I'll let you know on the manual

Also.. Carb fixed... apparently I didn't tighten the bolts down enough, checked em on a hunch before pulling the whole thing off, glad i did, now Bratticus runs real purdy like :)

post-37190-136027658016_thumb.jpg