Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Impreza WRX 2006 - Fuel Injector Error Code P02444

I have a Subaru Impreza WRX 2006. The check engine light came on and when I took it in to see the error code it came up as Error Code P2444 Fuel Injector or secondary air injector pump. Has anyone seen this code or problem before? The dealership says I need to replace the fuel injector, costing over $1,100 which is ridiculous. I have done some online research and some say I just need to replace a sensor that isn't working properly or that the fuse has blown. Have any of you seen this code error or know what else could be wrong or what to replace? Thanks.

I have a Subaru Impreza WRX 2006. The check engine light came on and when I took it in to see the error code it came up as Error Code P2444 Fuel Injector or secondary air injector pump. Has anyone seen this code or problem before? The dealership says I need to replace the fuel injector, costing over $1,100 which is ridiculous. I have done some online research and some say I just need to replace a sensor that isn't working properly or that the fuse has blown. Have any of you seen this code error or know what else could be wrong or what to replace? Thanks.

Edited by ShawnW
duplicates

Does it run strange or is the CEL on only?

Has the check engine light ever flashed or just solid? Flashing means misfire.

Have you done your services (60K?-spark plugs, etc).

I don't think thats a valid code number either. Id have to check my factory manuals but most of the misfire or injector codes are lower like P0244, etc.

he has at least 2 posts on the same subject.

that code is associated with the cold start emissions air pump/'air cut' system. (the system that replaced the front cat conv. - prolly didn't exist for soobs before 06 or so.)

**********************************************************************************************************************

**********************************************************************************************************************

P2444 Secondary AIR System Pump Stuck On

Possible Causes

* Check the operation of the secondary AIR pump relay

* Check the secondary AIR pump relay for a short to ground condition

* AIR combination valve has failed

* PCM has failed

Setting Conditions

Engine running; Secondary AIR system active, and the PCM detected a problem in the operation of the Secondary AIR Pump (it may be stuck "on").

This code sets in 1 Trip(s).

This code will turn on the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp)

*******************************************************************************************************************

*******************************************************************************************************************

see - http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134653

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan