Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22T ECU hacking

Does anyone actually have the ej22t rom handy, the original would be quite usefull, I can't find it.  I have actually made a test rom for my ej18 ssm ecu for an ej22 turbo engine by hand modifying someone elses crack at creating one for the ej18 ecu just for an ej22 engine.  Man the ej22t rom could be really helpful if anyone had it, if you would like to see the ej22t rom i was working on creating pm me, but the real problem for me was, there is no ej22t rom on the web to even try and modify.  Large amounts of my info came from www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm and even more noteably psifreak, via this thread http://www.rs25.com/forums/f72/t155922-ecu-rom-editor-obd1-jecs-ecus.html 

Edited by tentacleweenman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, I can modify the ej18 ssm type computer.  I have done an engine swap from ej18 to ej22 and put in an after market turbo.  Exactly why I would like to see the fuel and timing maps from the ej22t ecu.  I think I found a thread where someone dumped the ecu in 2002 but yet to contact anyone.  It would be interesting to see the insides of the ej22t ecu too, it may be possible to pull up the maps using the same definitions and software I am using.  The question is, is there an empty slot for chipping the thing? If so then there actually may be a way to tune the ej22t ecu.. 

No, I can modify the ej18 ssm type computer.  I have done an engine swap from ej18 to ej22 and put in an after market turbo.  Exactly why I would like to see the fuel and timing maps from the ej22t ecu.  I think I found a thread where someone dumped the ecu in 2002 but yet to contact anyone.  It would be interesting to see the insides of the ej22t ecu too, it may be possible to pull up the maps using the same definitions and software I am using.  The question is, is there an empty slot for chipping the thing? If so then there actually may be a way to tune the ej22t ecu.. 

well back in the day i had a all stock ecu 1991 5mt legacy turbo specific ecu to that year and 5mt that the chip could pop out like the jdm ej20g ecus had. or else the chip is soldered in the other years and makes..

i have like a box full of ej22t ecus laying around... i even have the stock chip from 1991 5mt legacy, i had someone tune my car and he had blank chips.

dont mind my youth full days of trying to type and put together words lol 

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26571&hilit=+ecu+chip

Edited by Nico