Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finding 15" Pugs

I had the same problem when I first started looking.

I finally found a set thru a Puegot mechanic that had a stash of spare parts. You might check with some foreign parts dealers and find out who fixes Puegots in your area. I've noticed that some of these mechanics work on other French makes like Renault and Citreon too. You'll have to dig a little because French cars are a dying breed in this country (and for good reason...)

good luck, John

Cal:

Yeah, I remember how appalled Pug dude was when I told him they were going on a Sube!!

This guy did his best to convince me that they wouldn't work. A million and one reasons why I shouldn't do it. Too much offset or some such BS excuse.

I guess Pug dude spent his last year or so of his career selling Pug rims on Ebay!! Not much else happening in the Pugeot world these days. Happy trails Ron...

John

if ya look hard enough, you can find all pug yards. There is one like 20 minutes away from me and he has rims up the wazoo. I'm gonna see about gettin a set of the 15" 505 turbo alloys (the striped ones) for my wagon until I can affort to get a hub redrill done for a 4x100 pattern

...have paitence young grasshopper.
If I'm young to you, you must be pretty old.... ;)

Alright, I'm going to look at places that repair/sell parts for Pugs, but to save me time:

Anyone know of a J-yard in the greater Seattle metro area that has any pugs?

Any Pug repair shops in the greater Seattle area?

Anyone with a set they are willing to sell me?

Thanks for the clues.

BTW - one of the biggest mistakes I made in my life with cars was buying a Renault Fuego. I saw one at PAP the other day. They had to restrain me after they noticed I was kicking the car. I replaced the clutch every 8K miles, brakes where horrible, and the cooling would never purge. Then the air valve system for ventilation when fubar in winter?!?!? The ride down Rabbit Ear's pass in winter having to pull over every 10 minutes to add brake fluid because of a leaky gizmo on the rear brakes.

Maybe I shouldn't put French rims on my Subaru????? :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better, the pug rims are made by michelin.:)

PM edrach for the name of that pug shop in seattle.. he gave me their info when i was selling my 505 Turbo, but I have since lost it and moved quite a ways away from seattle.