Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

5.5 inch wide vs 6 inch wide rims

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 djellum

djellum

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • Vancouver WA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

hey,

so I have 2 14x6 pug alloys, 1 14x5.5 inch pug alloy, and I am currently buying another one (though he is measuring it before I pull the trigger).

the main question is whether or not there is enough of a change to the tire with a half inch rim width difference to matter? will i change the total diameter enough to wear funky or cause problems? I would assume that paired up front and back wouldn't cause problems unless in 4wd, but if only 1 wheel is 5.5 it might.

if anyone is looking to trade one size for the other to make a set let me know. I don't know what the guy on CL has yet, but I have no preference other than wanting them all the same.

#2 wentz912

wentz912

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Kelso, WA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

If you end up with another 6" wide one, just make sure that the single skinny one ends up on the rear.

#3 djellum

djellum

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • Vancouver WA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

I ended up with two 6's and two 5.5's. ill just pair them up front and back, I doubt if it will make a large difference in tire diameter. i would still like to trade them if possible, but it would have to be quickly. I plan on getting some tires very soon.

the two 6's are pristine with the factory coating and have nice studs on them (195/70R14). I even have lugs for them. would be willing to trade for some 5.5's and maybe some tires or a little cash to put towards tires. if you want the 5.5's id trade straight for some 6's

Edited by djellum, 20 July 2012 - 11:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users