Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Had to re-sign up.

Posted a few months back looking for some ideas on how to deal with a broken automatic in my Legacy. I wound up deleting my email address and forgot the pw. Whoops

In any case, transmission is fixed. Got a warrantied unit, too.

My two cars are a 93 Loyale FWD Sedan, and a 92 Legacy in the same FWD flavor, but automatic.

Just got done with struts, timing belts, fuel filter, and retro fitted the A/C system on the Loyale. One fill and it sprung back to life. No more driving to class or the shop in the near 100 degree temps, kudos to grossgary for his tutorial on the o rings, and otherwise giving me the idea to at least see if it worked still. Saved my rear and wallet!

In auto mech 1 and moving onto body and general welding after that. Hoping to get into ASE courses.

Ordered owner badges for each of them, too. Six weeks.

The theme for my Loyale is going to be "Eco-turbo". I love the 43mpg, but, the engine in the car has no power for hills, which is where the car suffers most and i wind up slowing down and having to downshift.

I'm thinking a Suzuki G10T for the turbo parts. Small turbine, about 5psi of boost, and a small intercooler to match...

How about you guys? Toss me some small turbines and other parts, and let me know your ideas.

Thanks, and its good to be back.