Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX diff on my EA82?

ABawm 88 GL

I converted my EA82 88 GL to RWD a couple months ago and its been running great, Like drifting everwhere everyday great, but yesterday the rear 3.9 open Diff gave up :( I want to replace it with an lsd, but my friend has an 05 WRX diff and without much knowledge on this at all. Is it possible to move the splines from MY diff to HIS diff so that my cv axles can slide onto it?

Is there any advantage to going this way? Or is it just to use the WRX diff? I could see that possibly it would be a smoother transfer of power only because of less surface to surface interface.....

Please explain/enlighten me.....

Spencer

I'm RWD so it really doesn't matter considering I don't have front CV axles? Right? At this point I just don't know how to transfer the Female axle joint to the Male WRX one on the CV axles, I've looked into it and the only way seemingly possible is to break it off, and I'm not really trying haha

if you have both the EA82 rear shafts and WRX shafts, its not all that hard.

if you dont have all the parts, i have axle parts coming out my ears.

i can help you. or do it for you. shoot me a PM...

-=Suberdave=-

if you need some shafts that will make this work. just let me know. i can sale you just the parts that you need, or i can make you some shafts that will be plug and play.

-=Suberdave=-