Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Heater blower motor problems...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 subi dude

subi dude

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Broomfield, CO

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

ok, i tried looking up some threads on the blower motor problems, but couldnt really find anything that sounded like my situation..

so my heater gets hot(it works). and about 6 months ago my blower motor stop working.. i finally got a new one and when i installed it, nothing happened. i read some threads that said some people had one speed working, which if i remember correctly means its the connection of some kind. BUT, when mine went out, none of the speeds worked at all, and i checked all the fuses, still nothing.

Again, i have two new motors that i tried plugging in and still nothing.

Any other tips i can get to check???

thanks, subi dude

#2 subi dude

subi dude

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Broomfield, CO

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

7 views and no replies??

does no one know?

#3 opus

opus

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Trout Creek

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

Is there power to the connections?

#4 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,828 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Got power at the fan? At the relay input? Output?
Relay click?
Fan work hot wired?
Fan ground OK?

Both fuses 6&7 need to be OK.

#5 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,865 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

... i read some threads that said some people had one speed working, which if i remember correctly means its the connection of some kind. ...

Yes, is called the "Resistor Pack" :D

~► http://www.ultimates...t=resistor pack

#6 subi dude

subi dude

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Broomfield, CO

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

Ok so im going to check the power connection to the motor in the morning.

I JUST WANTED TO THROW THIS OUT THERE.

THAT, when my car was in the shop to get my rear bearings worked on a couple of months ago. I had asked them to figure out how much it would be to have them buy a new blower motor and replace it. THEY told me after parts and labor, it would end up being $400 bucks!!!! Can you beleive that!! What a rip!! took me a half an hour to take everything off, replace the part, and put everything back together!!! Just wanted everyone to know how rediculous i thought that was. lol

thanks, subi dude

#7 coxy

coxy

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Sydney Australia

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

As Loyale 2.7 says it's the resister pack,Once you pull it out you can go to Tandy etc and buy some wire and repair it yourself it;s not that hard or rat up a resistor pack from any number of vehicles and adapt it if needed if you can't find a good original.

#8 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,828 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

As Loyale 2.7 says it's the resister pack,Once you pull it out you can go to Tandy etc and buy some wire and repair it yourself it;s not that hard or rat up a resistor pack from any number of vehicles and adapt it if needed if you can't find a good original.

"BUT, when mine went out, none of the speeds worked at all."

#9 maozebong

maozebong

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

^^^ right there. resistor pack is for the intermediate speeds, not full speed, or "4" on our vehicles.

i would say there is something unplugged or a blown fuse/fusible link, et cetera.

use a test light and see if your blower motor is even getting power before yanking any resistor packs or repairing anything.

#10 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

The first thing you need to do is make sure the fuses are good. Once that has been done you should check to see if voltage is getting to the blower motor when the speed selector is turned on to the high speed position. Use a test light or a meter to check with. You should see voltage on either of the blower motor leads if the resistor pack is causing the trouble. If you have no voltage then you should check the blower relay for a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users