Ultimate Subaru Message Board

THULE roof rack attachments - can they fit?

I'm buying a new Legacy Wagon soon, and I have THULE bicycle carriers that I've installed on my Audi roof rack. Can the Subaru roof rack somehow accomodate the THULE bike carriers or do I need to buy new ones?

You can use you Thule on a subaru but might have to buy new feet to go on your roof or new adapters to fit on the factory subaru rack.

I'm buying a new Legacy Wagon soon, and I have THULE bicycle carriers that I've installed on my Audi roof rack. Can the Subaru roof rack somehow accomodate the THULE bike carriers or do I need to buy new ones?

Honestly, you don't give enough info to answer your question, unless someone us specifically familiar with the factory rac on you Audi and your Soob

I had adapters that I bought for my explorer so I could mount my Thule ski racks on the factory roof rack crossbars without having to buy the whole thule rack setup.. I think they cost about $15... The best part was that they worked on my 1990 Loyale factory roof rack as well..

So I guess my question is.. How did you have the bike racks mounted to your Audi?.. Load bar size is the same for a lot of different types of cars, so if you have adapters for the factory Audi rack, they may fit on the soob..

Heres a pic of soem a a setup for mounting Thule bike racks on factory style loadbars

BTW.. the bike rack in the pic is the same one I use.. But I use it with my Thule rack... If you do have to end up buying stuff to make it work, get it on ebay.. I got 2 Bike racks with locks(and keys!) for about $70 after shipping

889.jpg