Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The many adventures of Fern the impreza.

tron

More picturers will come this spring, I have a friend with a lifted VW that wants to romp arround the woods.

I remember telling you "I will treat this thing so nice and you will see it grow online.." Shes not done growing yet scott.

........ yes I know..... "shes just a car."

Her parts however are transferable to another in the far future. ;)

Edited by tron

• 3 weeks later...

any bent lift parts yet?  I'm going to have to tear most of my lift off and re-design it, noticed a bunch of stuff bent when I did my tranny swap.  Not too thrilled with dropping a grand on something I'm going to have to 100% redo in a year. 

The diff hanger/trailing arm bracket was the first to go, lasted 2 rides.  its all gonna get cut out, I'm going to build my own diff hanger and do something along the lines of extended/moved forward trailing arms.  

any bent lift parts yet?  I'm going to have to tear most of my lift off and re-design it, noticed a bunch of stuff bent when I did my tranny swap.  Not too thrilled with dropping a grand on something I'm going to have to 100% redo in a year. 

The diff hanger/trailing arm bracket was the first to go, lasted 2 rides.  its all gonna get cut out, I'm going to build my own diff hanger and do something along the lines of extended/moved forward trailing arms.  

At least yours lasted that long.  Mine was bent on the first trail.  I'm interested to see what you come up with since that is the area that typically see the most action/abuse.

yea the bolt bends the bracket.  I actually bent mine backwards and smashed the lift block down.   Looking at it, its an odd angle of a hit, but it didnt take much, coming over a gravel bank and hit a rock, I didnt realize it was bent til I did my next oil change.  I'm thinking about cutting the lift plate off, leaving scotts top piece there thats already as a welding point.  the Diff hanger will be bolted to a plate through the floor (I think its just enough in front of the fuel tank I can get to it with an plasma cutter)  trailing arm will be extended and moved forward to give it a more gradual angle.  thinking it will mount forward probably 2 inches from where it is now.  but then at least it will be up out of the way and I can make a reinforced runner on the trailing arm to act as a skid

I'm gonna get started something this week on mine.  Enough snow had melted that I can get to my spare parts now.  We looked at what I wanted to do today with the car up on a lift and it doesnt look too complicated to take care of the front rear diff hanger issue.  Trailing arms, will actually hide the diff hanger completely, I just need to air hammer into a junk body to find where the thickest metal is that I can bolt/weld plates to

• 2 weeks later...

thank you

for the pic man! :D

it will help.

viper elite 5000 wide spool will be here friday

HTI front bumper should be on by mid next month.

then on to the sliderz!

559004_245231242290213_1877341479_n.jpg

Edited by tron

Just got my winch in the mail. Moto alliance is great so far!

I sent them a pic of fern ao they could see what there winch was gonna pull. They automatically realized I'm gonna need the dash switch instead of the handle bar switch. They swapped out the bar for the dash and did not even tell me. I was already looking at spending 50 bucks on one! I'm happy. Justin at HTI is almost finished with my bumper... You guys are gonna trip when u see it.;)

• 4 weeks later...

got alittle muddy... crossed a creek and hit a rock center with the oil pan..now my skidplate sits touching the pan..theres a nice pad in there so no biggie. No bent or broken parts on this run (except skid plate)... Justin is shipping my bumper this week.166066_263053323841338_164065207_n.jpg

Edited by tron

perfection takes time....

bumper should ship to me soon.

planning on installing the bumper and my winch next monday now...

:lol:

fixed a little transmission leak,

just had a lose drain plug.

I added spacers to the front of the skid plate to give me a gap between oilpan and plate.

Edited by tron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks man :D

i like her new look and having the winch in there aswell.

the 1.8 is still pullin me arround ok, 2.2 is on the wish list.

Monday im gonna start the slider project..... some tubing bolted/welded behind  the seem welds then weld to that bar for some rear trailing arm sliders.

Edited by tron

• 3 weeks later...