Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 1 Brat/wagon fenders needed please.

As stated, I need a set that are in great shape. Paint doesn't matter but rust free and damage free preferred.

I bought the fiberglass ones listed in here and they are just beyond easy fixing. I see myself investing way too much time into them.

SO I am hoping that one or some of you nice people can help me out please.

I would really appreciate it and will pay for shipping of course.

Thank you and please help if you can.

As stated, I need a set that are in great shape. Paint doesn't matter but rust free and damage free preferred.

I bought the fiberglass ones listed in here and they are just beyond easy fixing. I see myself investing way too much time into them.

SO I am hoping that one or some of you nice people can help me out please.

I would really appreciate it and will pay for shipping of course.

Thank you and please help if you can.

I have a set not perfect but solid in NW WA

I know a source with a brand-new pair of genuine Subaru wings here in the UK, but shipping will be a killer... but just in case you get really stuck!

Can you by chance tell me what they cost? If I have to I will pay to get them.

You aren't the guy I bought my 4 new Brat lenses from by chance are you?

What's your budget on these?

Define budget. I have already wasted the $160 on the fiberglass ones. I am willing to do what is needed. I know these are rare but I am sure I will get some. fingers crossed.

I have a set not perfect but solid in NW WA

Very interested. Can you please describe condition and or post pics please. I am not worried about some dents and dings but no rusty upper edges and no smashed corner light areas. Hopefully no rusted through arches etc..

I know I can't be too picky.

Thanks

So whats so bad about the fiberglass fenders? Thought they just had a little bubbling.

Again, I do not want to knock the source or the fact that they are available. If you are a master with fiberglass then these can work. There is the bubbling but more important is the bad fitment. They need to be lengthened height wise. The lower mountpoints will not work until height is added, about 3/8". There is a fold over on the door seem that needs to be removed and modified to avoid the hinge. The top part that rests on the frame is too thick to allow the hood to close. That same area is also not at a 90 degree angle so the fender is in the way of the hood. Hood will not close unless thinned out but you can't really thin these out without losing integrity. So you would have to cut the bolt mount strip completely off the fender and re-fiber them straight. Light mounting points are holes and won't accept stock plastic ears that are square.

Etc, etc.......

I can make almost anything work and love the hobby/project. I just don't see these being worth the time. I truly wanted steel OEM anyways but these fiberglass seemed like a great option. Again, not knocking the source.

I'm not going to settle. I am too into this Brat to half @55 it. :grin:

Edited by O.C.D.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi OCD

Apologies for the delay in responding (been on holiday).

OK, I have located a pair of steels but the problem is shipping - I can't find a suitable way of getting them to the US. If you can find a way - let me know!

p.s. the dealer is looking for £100 each but if you're serious I'll bash him over the head. Pattern ones are available in the UK at around half this amount.

Hi OCD

Apologies for the delay in responding (been on holiday).

OK, I have located a pair of steels but the problem is shipping - I can't find a suitable way of getting them to the US. If you can find a way - let me know!

p.s. the dealer is looking for £100 each but if you're serious I'll bash him over the head. Pattern ones are available in the UK at around half this amount.

No apologies - we all have busy lives.

I cannot imagine how bad shipping would be to the states for those. I am almost sad to say I wouldn't be interested. For that size and weight I am thinking a few hundred dollars if not more.

I have a lead on some at the moment but if all else fails I will go the UK route.

Thank you for your time in searching for me.