Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi guys, this problem may not be something you guys have in the states, but hopefully someone might know. I've recently acquired a 1989 Subaru Legacy GT wagon (EJ20 turbo, 4EAT) for the girlfriend, and it has this crazy door lock that I used to have on my old 89' VZ (EJ20) JDM Legacy.

Anyways, it goes like this; its a four code door unlock sequence, that is, you pull the door so many times, hear a beep, pull the door so many times, hear a beep....you do this four times (each number of door pulls represents a number, eg. four door pulls equals four) and if you get the code right, it'll unlock the doors. So say your code is 4-2-1-2, you pull the door handle four times, beep, two times, beep, one time, beep, two times, beep beep beep and the doors unlock. Basically a keyless entry system before remotes came along. Very handy if you lock your keys in your car.

Anyways, there is a way to program this, as I got it programmed from a guy who used to own a Subaru workshop in a town about 200mi away (my old code was the one above). I can't find the guys number or get a hold of him, so does anyone on here know how to reprogram it? I remember something about having the ignition on and doing the pulls in a certain way, but its a bit hazy.

Sorry about the wall of text, if anyone could help it'd be awesome!