Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2 inch lift....What size tires?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 subi dude

subi dude

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Broomfield, CO

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

Hello again...gotta new question.

I am soon getting new tires for my car cause my current ones are almost completely done for.

I currently have wildcat 205/75/r15's on there. And I really want to get the BFG Mud terrain KM2's. but the smallest tire they sell for 15 inch wheels are 215/75/r15's. So to let you know, i've already pounded down and cut as much as i could to make sure the 205's work, they dont rub AT ALL. so that is good.

So will the 215's work with my 2 inch lift? Will there be a significant amount of rubbing while on/off road?

Also, can someone tell me what diameter my current 205's are, and what diameter the new 215's would be? like, 27in? 29in? 30in? 31in? I WOULD REALLY like to know..

Any information would be awesome.

thanks, subi_dude

#2 subi dude

subi dude

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Broomfield, CO

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

hello???

#3 spazomatic

spazomatic

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • castle rock

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

I dont have a link or remember exactly where i found it..... Look up "tire size conversion chart" in your googler, and a couple sites pop up. The one i used was miata related....sorry best i can do. Its early, need more coffee

#4 czny

czny

USMB is life!

• Silver Subscribers
  • 334 posts
  • Azusa, California

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

I opted for 215/75/15 Hankook M/Ts on 6 lug 15x6 Nissan Pathfinder wheels. They were lees money than the BFGs. And the 215s I got had snow stud holes(how here in So. Cal. I got the studded tires I don't know:D.) Haven't bolted them up yet to check for clearance with my 4" lift on 87 gl. Here's a link:
http://www.offroader.../Hankook-MT.htm

Edit: tires I got are the Dynapro M/T RT03s. Pic on this site doesn't show stud holes. Hmmm.

Edited by czny, 20 August 2012 - 09:40 AM.

#5 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,396 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

my firestone winterforce 205/75/r15s measure 27". hth RV

#6 The FNG

The FNG

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Goldendale, WA

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

That' s what I've got on my loyale with a 2" lift. (215r15's) BFG KM2 . They will rub but with enough trimming they will fit. I can post pics maybe tomorrow if you need them.

#7 subi dude

subi dude

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Broomfield, CO

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

That' s what I've got on my loyale with a 2" lift. (215r15's) BFG KM2 . They will rub but with enough trimming they will fit. I can post pics maybe tomorrow if you need them.

REALLY!!?? Same set up huh?? Awesome!! yes. please post some pics. they always help. thanks alot!

subi_dude

#8 The FNG

The FNG

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Goldendale, WA

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Here is what it used to look like before I did some additional trimming to the fenders and front valence thingy.

Posted Image

#9 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

I trimmed and pounded quite a bit to make mine fit.

running 215/75/15 BFG m/t KM's. I went a little overboard in some parts and not enough in some others. I rub on full lock. Rear doesn't touch at all.

kinda hard to see but only pic I can find right now.

Posted Image

Different offset wheels would probably make it not rub at all.

#10 newrider3

newrider3

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Golden CO

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

I'm running 235/75 Goodyear Wranglers with my 2" lift. The Wranglers do tend to measure out small though, they measure out to a little under 27" tall.
I do rub on full lock turns, and there's some occasional scraping from the rear when hitting a big dip with a bunch of cargo in the back, but I just need to go back and trim the rear wheel opening a bit more.

Posted Image

#11 subi dude

subi dude

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Broomfield, CO

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Right on!!! Those pics helped alot!

I should have no Problem with the 215/75/15's then. Good to know

Thanks alot guys