Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS 14 - A great Success!!

wcss14webflyer.png

Subaru Fans!

We've come to the close of another great West Coast Subaru Show. The dust has settled, the crowds have parted, and the staff is catching up on some much needed sleep.

At the end of it all this year we set some record numbers. We had a total of 400 cars at the show and a full 600 people attending. It was an incredible showing of support and we are proud to have had all of you as a part of the show.

Subaru of America pulled out all the stops this year and not only sponsored show grounds and brought out a BRZ to show off, they also graced us with the unveiling of the brand new 2013 Subaru XV Cross Trek. Thanks guys!

Camping went better than in just about any year past. You guys were well behaved, cleaned up spotlessly on Sunday, and didn't keep us up all night. We can't thank you all enough for minding your manners in the campgrounds this year.

We managed to sell out of nearly every last shirt and sold more raffle tickets than in any year past. The raffle was a great success this year, thanks in large part to all of our vendors that made an incredible showing. You guys brought some beautiful cars, contributed some huge things to the raffle, and wonderful product to show off.

The mud pit turned out to be everything we could ask for, and then some. We'll have to try hard to not be too spoiled by how incredible this mud pit was in years to come. Congratulations to the winner of the mud drags, and to anyone who lost body pieces in the mud.

Thanks to Dave and his crew for bringing out the Go Karts this year. It was very nice to have a real track set up for everyone to race on. I hope you all got a chance to get out there.

Food turned out spectacular this year. We've always worked very hard in the past to get vendors to believe us on how many people we have and bring enough food for everyone, and always had trouble with getting it done. The guys at Gabrielle's fire really pulled it off (even if they were 15 minutes late) and brought out plenty of great food. Dante of Dante's Inferno himself came out to serve you guys hot dogs, made some great food, and had a blast himself. You may have seen him hanging around the show later in the evening.

Again, we appreciate every one of you. The show would not be possible without such a great community to support the show. We thank all of our sponsors, vendors, and volunteers for making this possible.

As always, we are open to any suggestions or concerns, we do ask that if you have any you email them to us at WestCoastSubaruShow@gmail.com.

Thanks everyone! We'll see you all next year!

West Coast Subaru Show Committee

wasn't able to make it, is there a website that has event coverage and more pictures?

Yeah, its called USMB...LOL JK :-p

I know the Nasioc guys on the Northwest Forum had alot of pics, though alot of them are the new school stuff, but still great pics. There is already a very awesome vid up on youtube.

What little time I could stay was well worth it. The only reason I didn't stay was the whole AWOL thing.

It was definately shaping up to be one of the best WCSS's when I left Friday night. Kudo's to all the volunteers that work so hard to put these on. For those that don't know this is really a second, unpaid job for a lot of the folks that plan this event.

I'll try to get the pics from the camera uploaded.

Have we started a dedicated photo thread?

Absolutely great job guys. Had a blast, was impressed by everything and hwo everything was going.

Too bad SuberDave didn't win so this will be my last one. . .

ugh, I tried and tried and ask russ I tried. To get daves coupe for best of show. Fact of it is there where 3 old school judges and 5 or 6 new school ones. Their reasoning that Dave couldn't win best of show was that the car isn't 'complete/done' yet.

Nope, Jake from PIA won best 1st Gen Legacy and Best of Show.

Completely wrong.

We do not stack awards.

The only award we issue to a car that may already have won something is the Peoples Choice, because we have no control over that.

Please get your facts straight.

Jake did win Best 1st Gen Legacy.

Chris with a Spec B won Best of Show.

Completely wrong.

We do not stack awards.

The only award we issue to a car that may already have won something is the Peoples Choice, because we have no control over that.

Please get your facts straight.

Jake did win Best 1st Gen Legacy.

Chris with a Spec B won Best of Show.

Ok, I just saw a pic of Jake holding 2 awards and couldnt zoom in enough to see what each one was. Thats what I get for assuming. I also couldnt see and hear all awards given as I was behind the PA system.

had a blast this last weekend met some old friends made some new

one's as i do every year i can tell you with out a doubt i will be going

as long as i can.

the canadian sti with a trailer lol

Hopefully next year you'll bring down your Coupe!

Thanks to everyone involved in putting on a great show. I had a blast all weekend. I do hope that there will be more mudpits/playgrounds like that in the future.:clap: It's certainly my favorite part of the show.:headbang: I hope I provided some good entertainment with my wild driving.:brow:

I posted offroad pics in the offroad section.

Jesse