Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fuel Pressure Regulator Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Non Culpa

Non Culpa

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Queensland, Australia.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me if there is a standard Subaru Fuel Pressure Regulator that can adjust fuel pressure up to 45 psi? Regards Non Culpa:horse:

#2 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Members
  • 4,799 posts
  • Texas

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me if there is a standard Subaru Fuel Pressure Regulator that can adjust fuel pressure up to 45 psi? Regards Non Culpa:horse:

probably only adjust the stock one with some 'trick' like shimming or replacing a spring or something. Probably sealed up and not practical to alter. probably an aftermarket one is available set at a higher pressure - AEM, Megan Racing, etc.

um - what's wrong with the car?

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan, 23 August 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#3 Non Culpa

Non Culpa

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Queensland, Australia.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Nothing wrong with the car, just doing some modifications that require a 45 psi FPR. I have looked at aftermarket FPRs, just thought that there might be a Subaru FPR with higher psi than the one I have at the moment, it's only 36.3 psi.

#4 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Members
  • 4,799 posts
  • Texas

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

Nothing wrong with the car, just doing some modifications that require a 45 psi FPR. I have looked at aftermarket FPRs, just thought that there might be a Subaru FPR with higher psi than the one I have at the moment, it's only 36.3 psi.

ah - gotcha.

sry, dunno about STI or other FPR settings.

#5 Non Culpa

Non Culpa

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Queensland, Australia.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

Thanks 1 Lucky Texan, I am a member of another forum and they have just given me my answer. They tell me that a 2004 Impreza WRX STI and probably many others have the FPR that I require.

#6 john in KY

john in KY

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,240 posts
  • KY

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

Could also just restrict the return line to increase pressure.

#7 presslab

presslab

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 867 posts
  • N. California

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

I have successfully "crushed" a stock FPR to increase the pressure. This basically pre-loads the internal spring. A couple blocks of wood and a vice, not hard. Do a little at a time and test it until you're at the pressure you want.

#8 Non Culpa

Non Culpa

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Queensland, Australia.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Thanks presslab, what a novel idea. I ended up buying an aftermarket FPR, but after we get the beast running I might give your suggestion a try and see how we go. Regards Non Culpa:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users