Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'92 loyale 4x4 wagon build

branbikenut1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing Tom had some extras! I need to get a stock pile going everytime I find an oldie in the junkyard.

Make sure the flat washer is on correctly. On one side, it will say "OUT" if not, these washers have a slight bow to them, make sure it bows away from the cone washer. Like this ) <----- Castle nut presses against this side.

Cheers!!

Good thing Tom had some extras! I need to get a stock pile going everytime I find an oldie in the junkyard.

Make sure the flat washer is on correctly. On one side, it will say "OUT" if not, these washers have a slight bow to them, make sure it bows away from the cone washer. Like this ) <----- Castle nut presses against this side.

Cheers!!

I know it! I'm sure glad he did. What's the reason for placing the washer like that?

nice score. I think they have a red loyale wagon there that is the same color as yours. Had I known you where going I would loved to stop by and lend a hand and check out your loyale. Joe's is near here and I've been meaning to pick up some stuff. Did the have an ea81s over there? I gotta get my car back together so I can take it to silver lake once more before the season closes.

nice score. I think they have a red loyale wagon there that is the same color as yours. Had I known you where going I would loved to stop by and lend a hand and check out your loyale. Joe's is near here and I've been meaning to pick up some stuff. Did the have an ea81s over there? I gotta get my car back together so I can take it to silver lake once more before the season closes.

I really didn't intend on going over there today but they were the only yard I've found in the state of Michigan and I really need them. Ill def let you know when I take another trip there. That red loyale is the one I took the hub and axle from. That's also the one I plan on getting the hood and hatch from. I didn't see any ea81s but I didn't look a whole lot. Mostly ej's. What's your car need? I can keep my eye open for any ea81s around here.

well that looks proper. and the rust made it so ya didnt have to trim as much. the wagon is coming along nicely:popcorn:

Thanks. The Michigan rust def helped me in the clearance area...but its spreading. Undercoating and spray on bedliner have became a close friend with this car. :-p

Well! Thats coming along. I may have to make another trip to MI next year and check this thing out!

Thanks too. Thatd be pretty sweet. If im ever around your area I'll have to let ya know and stop in.

I need some ideas. I'm working on a snorkel right now but im having issues with the stock airbox. I dont really have anywhere to place my pipe into the airbox. The only area that is a possibility is the existing oval hole in the back from the stock thing and there is a small(very small) flat spot on the side closest to the firewall.

Well, if you don't care about looks, I've seen a lot of folks on here make Snorkels out of PVC piping. Inside the fender, there should be the plastic snorkel for the original air box, you might be able to tap into that, or use the hole for that piece.

I forgot what the Air box in an EA82 looks like, haven't had it out in a year or so.

PVC was my original plan but I have all the steel pipe I need to do it. I thought about tapping into that stock plastic thingy but it leaked real bad. The only problem with using the existing hole in the air box for that tube is that its ovaled. It'd be real hard to work with unless I capped it off. Which I might try