Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Redrilling 6 lug wheels

branbikenut1

I do agree on redrilling the hubs tho. the ONLY reason I didnt do it to mine was due to the fact I dont have the necessary tools at hand and i was rather impatient. Id rather have someone more experienced drill my hubs out as well. At least someone who has done it a time or 2 before.

I had all 4 of my hubs done locally at a machine shop. The drilling i wasnt too worried about, it was creating a true flat spot on the back for the new studs to seat against that bothered me. $100 well spent

I had all 4 of my hubs done locally at a machine shop. The drilling i wasnt too worried about, it was creating a true flat spot on the back for the new studs to seat against that bothered me. $100 well spent

Personally im more worried about the precise drilling. As with the flat spots for the lugs, im pretty handy with a grinder ;)

Personally im more worried about the precise drilling. As with the flat spots for the lugs, im pretty handy with a grinder ;)

yup, precise location of the studs is pretty important. but the studs are designed to sit upon a flush surface. I'm pretty handy with a grinder myself, but I know it'd end up with high spots. would you rather have all the pressures exerted on the entire stud head? or on just a 10th of the studs head? I'm a cheap bastard, but $100 is well spent on peace of mind.

to each their own:popcorn: