Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T in Gen 1 Brat, it's in there!!!!

HAHAHAHA sounds like the Beer Wagon saga. It all started with Andrew's 1977 4wd wagon that was the color of a beer can. Then it went my buddy Randy's 1978 4wd wagon and it was green (Beer Wagon #2) and now I have the 1979 4wd wagon that is named Beer Wagon #3.

Engine ? hmmmmm i found two in a yard today, so i know i have plenty of parts to go with.

Yeah its like Caleb said, there is already a EA81T in a hatch, so it wont be the first one, so maybe i should drop something else in it instead.

Fads are cool, i did my 78 one way but i like the way Garner did the frame rails, hey Garner wanna come do mine ???? i will pull everythign out of the way for ya :banana:

Fads are cool, i did my 78 one way but i like the way Garner did the frame rails, hey Garner wanna come do mine ???? i will pull everythign out of the way for ya :banana:

HA HA HA HA HA !!!!, Bring the Brat up to the WCSS this summer I'll bring the welder, grinders, spray gun, etc. (there will be power there) and we'll do some serious hardcore shadetree chopshop action!! Hell, while we're at, lets make it converetable or maybe a dump bed!!

I'm still getting over/through mine. It really wasn't that bad, lots of cutting wheel/grinder action, a little sawzall, a little welding and grinding. The bondo and paint hides all sins!!

I do think it's worth it to get the motor to sit down as low as possible, the brat is not a handling machine but the lower the center of gravity the better

btw: there are new assorted photos in my album of some of the clearance issues I had and how they have been solved such as the "up a little more" pipe for the WRX turbo.....

http://usmb.net/gallery/garners-sub-a-rama

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...

OK i did the 78 model,

Garner did the 79 model

Who's going to do the 80 model ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ?

working on it test fitting and fab research can't seem to find any pics of modified mounts and x-members. ea81 with ea82 intake 5sp  d/r '80 brat is the projec