Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1996 Subaru Legacy station wagon(tons of pics)

soobie_newbie67

I thought the day would never come! i bought a 1996 Subaru legacy station wagon with the EJ22 for 400 bucks!!!!! i really wanted to buy my 88 GL-10 back, but my grandparents wouldnt let me. they didnt like it cause they said it was too small. Well, i have the station wagon of my dreams, and i hope to swap a 5 speed into it and build it. The platform is right, and its the car i wanted :headbang:

pics soon. i go pick her up tonight.

Edited by soobie_newbie67

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICS!!!!!!!

augustseptember2012026.jpg

augustseptember2012025.jpg

augustseptember2012024.jpg

augustseptember2012023.jpg

Warning: contains explicitly disgusting pics of how the car was when i bought her. How can people treat a car like this?

augustseptember2012010.jpg

Oh, forgot to take a pic of the engine after cleaning *facesmack*

augustseptember2012011.jpg

augustseptember2012012.jpg

augustseptember2012013.jpg

augustseptember2012015.jpg

augustseptember2012016.jpg

After the first cleaning:

augustseptember2012017.jpg

augustseptember2012018.jpg

augustseptember2012020.jpg

still lots of cleaning left to go. I got the dash and all the door panels cleaned, and the center consul cleaned. Need to get more pics. I've cleaned all the seats and floors again. and like i said, gonna do it a third time this Wednesday. Hope to get more out. Oh, and check this out. i took a pic of the waste water from cleaning her the first time:

augustseptember2012014.jpg

Edited by soobie_newbie67

Wow that's a dirty interior. When they get that bad I just swap them out zzz Also feel lucky you have a hatch spoiler they are pretty hard to find, I think they add a nice touch hence why I added one to my legacy!

yeah, i think it looks cool. I plan to one day build a Legacy GT-B out of this thing. The JDM import site has the twin turbo 2.0 i'm looking for, but at a price $$$$ FTM, i want to just drive the thing to commute, so i'm gonna do cosmetic things here and there. She's gonna be sweet when i'm done, as long as some idiot doesnt hit me and ruin everything i have planned. ATM, i'm just excited i was able to get her for 400 bucks, put in a battery and upper coolent hose, and drive her home. I was already driving her the next day! I'm sooo happy to have this Legacy. i have wanted one of these body style Legacy's since i was 7 years old.

Dude we're freaking twins now! Just picked up my 96 Legacy brighton tonight for $600! Mines a five speed, and currently doesn't run. Doesn't have the rad bumper fog lights or tach either though!

It's funny cause I thought I was buying a non runner. The car had been sitting for 3 years cause it needed cv axles. And over that period of time fuses were pulled and the upper coolant hose got jacked. Plus the guy told me the starter was going out. Well there was nothing wrong with the starter. I put in a battery and upper coolant hose and drove her home.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...