Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i was repair fuel injection o-ring kits. somehow i was start but there stuck like a lock becuz of flood...so, waiting around 10 mins later...i start again and there got a noise lately.

Hydro-lock is the nail in the coffin. :-\ This probably means rod bearing damage. Piston and/or wrist pin damage is also possible.

Pulling the fuel injector wires one at a time while the engine is running may make a change in the noise. But it looks like you get to pull the engine out and replace the block at the very least.

You can check the valve lash before tearing the engine apart in case there is some sort of coincidental damage like maybe a spring has broken or if a guide has slipped and is holding a valve open.

ah, i hate heard about it...

i will pull out engine on next week and removed oil pan see there, if damage.

i will take photos...and tear down...cuz it's cinch (easy).

thank for help for it...ill keep post it on next week.

thank, master!

Hydro-lock is the nail in the coffin. :-\ This probably means rod bearing damage. Piston and/or wrist pin damage is also possible.

Pulling the fuel injector wires one at a time while the engine is running may make a change in the noise. But it looks like you get to pull the engine out and replace the block at the very least.

You can check the valve lash before tearing the engine apart in case there is some sort of coincidental damage like maybe a spring has broken or if a guide has slipped and is holding a valve open.

Edited by Suba_GL_87

have hydrolicd many motors only seen one bent rod and it ran for 6 years with it bent and did not damage berring in any way the piston just came up a 1/4 inch less than the other 3 but probly a rod berring anyway dam 2.5d s you could have saved it if a oil preshure check was done on ?able motor before it failed 10 psi min hot at idle

• 4 weeks later...