Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cooling Upgrade : 2-Core Rad. & Twin Elec. Fans

Well, my EA81T needs better cooling I've decided. So, I'm looking at the 2-core radiator and the twin electric fans. I've been reading what I can find on the forum but no one seems to be sure (that I've read) on what 2-core radiator to use. Maybe one of you guys could clarify. Also, is there any reason to use 2 stock subaru fans as opposed to 2 aftermarket fans?

Thanks,

-Noah

Well, my EA81T needs better cooling I've decided. So, I'm looking at the 2-core radiator and the twin electric fans. I've been reading what I can find on the forum but no one seems to be sure (that I've read) on what 2-core radiator to use. Maybe one of you guys could clarify. Also, is there any reason to use 2 stock subaru fans as opposed to 2 aftermarket fans?

Thanks,

-Noah

Anyone know if we can still get the USMB discount at http://www.radiators.com for the 2 core OEM replacment radiator?

I have a 3 core aluminum radiator from a V6 Ford Toaurs. Tried to fit it in my EA82. Fit PERFECTLY except for the STUPID 4" fill neck!!!! Thanks Ford... :P

A Legacy radiator just barely fits in there. The dual electric fans fit if you put them on the front. Very tight fit and you have to make a little adapter for the hoses. Minimal gain for the effort if you ask me. Archemitis had an EA82 and an EJ22 (Legacy) radiator all apart side by side and the EJ22 was BARELY any more surface area.

I think you are on the right track looking for a 2 core that fits.

www.radiatorexpress.com www.radiator.com www.radiatorbarn.com are few places to check out. You should be able to find a 2 core that will fit. I thinks some of the ea-81 guys were getting radiators for a ea-82 and modifying them to fit. You can read about it here-- http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5961&highlight=radiator+buy

I used a second stock fan because it was free.