Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fog Lights for 98 Legacy L Wagon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xcvii90

xcvii90

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Santa Cruz

Posted 01 April 2004 - 02:36 PM

I'm thinking of installing OEM fog lights in my 98 Legacy L Wagon. I know I need the lights and the switch on the dash, but are there any other relays, or wire jumpers that I need? Do they just plug into connectors that already exist in the wiring harness? Also, if anyone has the required lights, relays, and switch that they would like to sell, I would be interested. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#2 hklaine

hklaine

ShadeTree Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Hunterdon County

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:31 PM

If you buy the "OE" kit it comes with everthing you need. If you tear the parts out of a junkyard car you will want to get the lights, the connectors behind them (both ends) and the switch. The wiring harness isn't in the car if it doesn't have fog lights. The kit comes with everything.

-Heikki

H4510AC500 <-- I think this is the kit for your car. The wider openings in the bumper? Mine are the squared off ones (see my WWW link for a pic)

#3 xcvii90

xcvii90

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Santa Cruz

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for the advice. Yes, my car has the wider openings.

Was your top picture taken at the Flemington Fairgrounds?

#4 hklaine

hklaine

ShadeTree Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Hunterdon County

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:46 PM

No. I believe it was taken at Englishtown (Raceway Park). You are familiar with the Flemington Fairgrounds?

-Heikki

#5 xcvii90

xcvii90

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Santa Cruz

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:02 PM

I worked for seven years in Hunterdon County before moving to California. Also, a good friend from college grew up just north of Flemington and graduated from North Hunterdon High.:)

#6 hklaine

hklaine

ShadeTree Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Hunterdon County

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:10 AM

Very cool. I live about 6 miles north of Flemington and am also a North Hunterdon graduate.

-Heikki

If you end up getting the lights without the harness and all PM me, and I can dig up my wiring info. It might be similar to yours. (?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users