Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weak brakes on 2000 Legacy Outback

Well, it's in. 2 snapped bleeder screws. Pedal feels softer than it should but the car stops just fine now.

So it's acceptable. Roadworthy. We're taking the car to work today, but now I'm going to see what options there are to remove those broken bleeders and get ALL the air out.

I'm comfortable with rusted body panels but I hate snapping bolts. :mad:

Well, it's in. 2 snapped bleeder screws. Pedal feels softer than it should but the car stops just fine now.

So it's acceptable. Roadworthy. We're taking the car to work today, but now I'm going to see what options there are to remove those broken bleeders and get ALL the air out.

I'm comfortable with rusted body panels but I hate snapping bolts. :mad:

you might consider new hoses if yours seem worn, they can 'balloon' and make the system feel soft, also, consider going back with SpeedBleeders;

219pZS8H9eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

they have a check-valve inside. not cheap though.

One for sure should come out. Not sure on the others. I feel like it should though. The trouble with these bleeders is that they are so long and thin that it takes very little to snap them. Once they are broken off it will be closer to the caliper and I can put some more force to it.

Car has been fine though. Pedal is not super stiff but it's working fine now.:burnout: