Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cooper Discoverer M+S?

herb

Looking for a good, durable (14") tire for my ea82 daily driver and I stumbled across these. Anybody have any experience with these? I can't decide between these, the bighorns, or grabbers. My only concerns are the stock motor's ability to push the new (bigger) rubber up the hills of my commute. I don't plan on any SERIOUS off roading, but it is the camp rig as well so mild trails and spirited forest road outings will be seen regularly. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

I only have experience with the Bighorns. I would say they would be overkill for a mostly street rig. They make a little noise as most mud terrains do. I would say the grabbers would be good. Dan, one of the guys we go wheeling with has a set of 235/75/15s and he keeps up with everyone else pretty well. They seem to be a good balance of street and off-road capability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

i have had 27x8.5r14 grabbers and i just got 195 70/r14 coopers. the coopers are far far far better for daily driving . . . and getting sideways in snow/ mud/ anything . i have yet to get stuck with them but i dont even dare go into the mud pits that i go threw with my generals. the generals i have are studded though. they are over kill unless your wheeling threw lots of snow or mud. and my car only powers the generals half as easlily .