Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cooper Discoverer M+S?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 herb

herb

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • PNW

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Looking for a good, durable (14") tire for my ea82 daily driver and I stumbled across these. Anybody have any experience with these? I can't decide between these, the bighorns, or grabbers. My only concerns are the stock motor's ability to push the new (bigger) rubber up the hills of my commute. I don't plan on any SERIOUS off roading, but it is the camp rig as well so mild trails and spirited forest road outings will be seen regularly. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

#2 Vegablade

Vegablade

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Concrete WA

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

I only have experience with the Bighorns. I would say they would be overkill for a mostly street rig. They make a little noise as most mud terrains do. I would say the grabbers would be good. Dan, one of the guys we go wheeling with has a set of 235/75/15s and he keeps up with everyone else pretty well. They seem to be a good balance of street and off-road capability.

#3 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,325 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

I had a set of cooper snow tires for my 88 dl on 14" Peugeots. I would recommend a 195/60 size as it will be very close to the diameter of a 185/70 13 and only throws the speedo off by 8%

#4 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

Attack of the madaxeman..

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

I had good luck with the snow tires...
an old shot from firebreak 5 at TSF...
They work great on tough trails..

Posted Image

#5 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

I would run 205 75s on a 14. I run them on my carbd ea82 with a welded rear diff and the engine turns them just fine. Speedo being off is easily checked via gps on your phone

#6 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

i have had 27x8.5r14 grabbers and i just got 195 70/r14 coopers. the coopers are far far far better for daily driving . . . and getting sideways in snow/ mud/ anything . i have yet to get stuck with them but i dont even dare go into the mud pits that i go threw with my generals. the generals i have are studded though. they are over kill unless your wheeling threw lots of snow or mud. and my car only powers the generals half as easlily .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users