Ultimate Subaru Message Board

accumulated damage

mcbrat

remeber those old commercials...

"your Brain"...

"Your Brain on drugs"

well, here's the BRAT version....

The first one is a pic taken at the first offroading trip my Brat went on...

red-brat-round-hole-pugs-1.jpg

This is after my most recent outing...

brat-side-2.jpg

I'd say it's still pretty straight........considering.

I gotta ask thoe. What's your take on exo-cages and why are you against them?

I just don't like the look of some of the massive exo's I've seen. the BRat in WA with the 36's and full exo just looks off to me... plus I really don't want that much added weight.

I watched some old soob video, and while I look back at the fun those were, I much prefer the liesurely trail-rides without getting stuck, or breaking something.... and I like having all 4 wheels on the ground (most of the time :) )

Good answer on both accounts. I figure if your that worried about body damage you should just build a buggy, and the added weight is also a negative reason plus I personally would rather be able to modify the body so to speak if I have to get out of a situation where an exo-cage would not make that possible.

I think you could push some of that back out with the panels in the bed being removed maybe?

yep. "plan" for this winter is to pop it back out a bit, and maybe remove the decals, and give it a fresh coat of paint... I've got some cutting/welding to do in the footwells too... they have not faired well, where I beat it to fit 30's on it years ago....