Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR Full time

I left my "other job" and am now SJR fulltime so have time to develope some more stuff, anyone interested in 4 on 100 mm hubs for the older cars? the normally 4 x 140 EA82 and EA81 ? , I havent figured it all out but it looks like the stock hubs could be machined to work, looking to buy a plasma cutting table and a press brake if you know of any , things to come complete bumper lineup, skid plates, anyone interested in a kit to turn a wagon into a brat? I could make up a fiberglass kit as thats what I did at my other job, made patterns and molds for fiberglass Scott

How about a snorkel, that isn't a piece of PVC? Something molded to an ea82 that hooks to the factory air box. so you only have to zzz one hole.

Or perhaps a carb hat for our friends with Webbers or Hitatchis so they can use a snorkel too.

I think the 2wd guys would like the 4x100 conversion, as there's thousands of options for street rims.

Just a couple ideas.

scott, what about making 5x100 to 5x4.5 wheel adaptors?

Hubcentric, with 1.5 inch spacing. It go REALLY good as an addon option with your 6 inch EJ kits. I'm limited at 29 inch tires on mine because of the tires hitting the spring perch on the strut. We measured it out and with the 1.5" adaptor and then the ability to use Ford Ranger rims, we have literally any offset of rim we want for these cars

theres lots of options for the carb'd guys, but us EFI guys dont have a lot of options as far as intakes go. It'd be cool to see an EJ MAF engine snorkel kit. just some ideas..

Edited by torxxx

What are you capable of? Would it be possible for you to make hubs? If you could do it safely, and for a reasonable cost, it might be a nice alternative to junkyard. Especially for people with rear disk. I've seen one site that sells front hubs, but the rear hubs are scarce used. New, so far as I can tell, doesn't exist. I know it may be outside of your capabilities, but it would be cool if you could.

I like the idea of a snorkel, some more bumpers. A hitch would be sweet, but I think you've mentioned adding that to the bumpers. Roof rack? I don't know what kind of demand it would have, but there might be some market for a roll cage. Just some ideas.

What are you capable of? Would it be possible for you to make hubs? If you could do it safely, and for a reasonable cost, it might be a nice alternative to junkyard. Especially for people with rear disk. I've seen one site that sells front hubs, but the rear hubs are scarce used. New, so far as I can tell, doesn't exist. I know it may be outside of your capabilities, but it would be cool if you could.

+1 for rear hubs, apparently Subaru Japan have them but I don't have a mining license for the gold bars needed to purchase the rear hubs from subaru :)

TOONGA

... anyone interested in 4 on 100 mm hubs for the older cars? the normally 4 x 140 EA82 and EA81 ...

4x100 super please!!!!!!

Very Kindly let me Share my Own experience:

While is Good Idea to made Hubs in a more Commercial Lug Pattern than the Scarse 4X140 that older subarus Have, 4X100 isn't Good Idea, because the Hub center is Fat and there will be Issues like to cut it and other problems to find Rims which could fit there properly centered...

Beside my Subies, I've done many Hub conversions in the Past for other Local Subaru Owners, but Not to 4X100, I done them to 4X114.3 which is Very Popular, like 4X100, and 4X114.3 (Also known as 4X113 or 4X114) is the Pattern for older corollas, Datsuns, Hondas, etc... there are Plenty of Aftermarket Rims for that pattern.

This Photo belongs to my Lifted Subaru "BumbleBeast" EA82 wagon Rear Disc Brakes' Hubs,

Here you can see How I Redrilled and Changed the Lug Pattern from 4X140 to 4X114.3:

RearDiscs-NewPattern.gif

Now it Runs on Aftermarket 15" Rims, you can see Photos on the Link at my Signature.

So, I Kindly Suggest you to use 4X114.3 instead of 4X100 to avoid more, unnecesary problems to solve.

Have you seen the "Universal" Four Lug Rims? ... those have four holes at 4X100 and four Holes at 4X114.3.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Thanks for the advice. I think that might be a good idea Scott. Lets do the 4x113.5 instead of the 4x100.

Very Kindly let me Share my Own experience:

While is Good Idea to made Hubs in a more Commercial Lug Pattern than the Scarse 4X140 that older subarus Have, 4X100 isn't Good Idea, because the Hub center is Fat and there will be Issues like to cut it and other problems to find Rims which could fit there...

Beside my Subies, I've done many Hub conversions in the Past for other Local Subaru Owners, but Not to 4X100, I done them to 4X113.5 which is Very Popular, like 4X100, and 4X113.5 (Also known as 4X113 or 4X114) is the Pattern for older corollas, Datsuns, Hondas, etc... there are Plenty of Aftermarket Rims for that pattern.

This Photo belongs to my Lifted Subaru "BumbleBeast" EA82 wagon Rear Disc Brakes' Hubs, you can see How I did Changed the Lug Pattern from 4X140 to 4X113.5:

RearDiscs-NewPattern.gif

Now it Runs on Aftermarket 15" Rims, you can see Photos on the Link at my Signature.

So, I Kindly Suggest you to use 4X113.5 instead of 4X100 to avoid more, unnecesary problems to solve.

Have you seen the "Universal" Four Lug Rims? ... those have four holes at 4X100 and four Holes at 4X113.5.

Kind Regards.

Best of luck with the future endeavours of SJR - it much be a great feeling to be going out on something that started out to help subi owners get the bits they need! You're probably also kacking your dacks too - which means you're doing things right ;)

[snorkels:] theres lots of options for the carb'd guys, but us EFI guys dont have a lot of options as far as intakes go. It'd be cool to see an EJ MAF engine snorkel kit. just some ideas..

Further to this, I've been looking at a 3 inch snorkel that runs down below the top edge of the RHS guard (fender) to just behind the side indicator light where it would then pass into the inside of the guard. From here a pipe would be needed to plumb it down behind the light assembly/wall and past/behind the window washer water bottle then up to the EFI air box, either through the bottom of it or using the factory hole - enlarged of course! A water catch box could be incorporated into the system too. This is my plan anyway!

Good luck moving forward with it all Scott, that's great. Focus, focus, and get a great thing going!

Yes, once again all the best with it!

Regards

Bennie

looks like 4.5"=114.3mm I like the 4 bolt pattern as the hubs have more meat for that pattern, the 5 bolt has issues with the 4 bolt pattern from the brake disc bolts and dips

4 x 100 is nice as you can keep the holes inline with the stock holes and still have 1/4" material between old and new holes,

how bout 4x4.25 or 4x110 ??

Conversion Table

Inches Millimeters

4 x 3.93 4 x 100

4 x 4.25 4 x 107.95

4 x 4.33 4 x 110

4 x 4.50 4 x 114.3

4 x 5.12 4 x 130

4 x 5.51 4 x 140

also stud hole size , would be easiest to reuse the stock studs but could go with new one of the same or different diameter