Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CEL Check Connector?

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what color the wires are on the "check connector" for the check engine lamp unter the dash. Theres a bunch of white & black connectors under there but they all have female treminals. Or maybe a picture of said commector and there it should be located?

thanks

oh yeah, its a 1990 Loyale EA82 wagon

Hi there.

On my '90 Loyale, the wires you plug together to read the CEL code are not under the dash. Other years and models, yes. But for our cars, no. The wires you are looking for are actually under the hood, next to the driver's side of the firewall, and I believe they are black & white (or green & white (or black, I don't remember, haha)). The test connectors should be in the shape of a T, and only a two-prong connection, if I remember correctly. I can take a picture of them tomorrow, if you can't find them.

Oh, and don't forget, the check engine light itself doesn't flash the code. You have to take off the panel under the dash and look at the little LED on the ECU itself.