Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bypass Valve Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Fresno

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

I just got the replacement turbo for Murphy the $500 87 Turbo Wagon. Gonna be installing that in a few minutes.

I have had in my possession for some time an intercooler just waiting to be installed. I've had it for a year, but other things came up and I never installed it, them when I realized the turbo was starting to go south, I figured I'd wait until I replaced that before adding the IC.

My question is this, how do you hook up the blowby valve? I've seen a few pics here on the list of already installed IC's with blowby valves, but have not come across the diagram showing the actual installation. It's probably here somewhere, but I have yet to fine it.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Fresno

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

BTW... The IC is an odd beast. It's off a VW Corrado. It was originally wheel well mounted, but mine will be in the usual place.... The spare tire pit!

#3 Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Fresno

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

bump.

#4 Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Fresno

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

bump again.

#5 -tombba-

-tombba-

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Finland

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

Is it recirculating or athmospheric one ?

I have a imprezas cooler on top of my engine and it has forge motorport athmospheric dump valve on it. I never got it to work correctly with the engine. It always stays open after a one rev up.
But if you have a adjustable one it could work. You hook the vacuum control to the intake manifold side of throttle body so it can get the vacuum when trhottle is closed.

But if you have recirculating one the process is same but you hook the recirculating air line somewhere after the MAF/AFS (whaterver it's called in these things). In my case in my old car it was hooked up to the turbo inlet pipe and it worked well.

This might also light up some things: http://www.balancemo...ages=dumpvalves

#6 mm88swrt

mm88swrt

oddball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • clatskanie, OR

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

I concur with tombba. The difference would be with the bov. I've got a full atmospheric mounted to my fmic on my 87. It's adjustable and came with two different springs. Took some tuning to get it set right but at idle it should be fully closed. As far as your vacuum line going to it, it can be connected anywhere on your manifold best to do so after the throttle body. I can't post pictures from my phone, but if you pm me I can text you some pics if you would like.

Edited by mm88swrt, 11 December 2012 - 11:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users