Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bypass Valve Help

I just got the replacement turbo for Murphy the $500 87 Turbo Wagon. Gonna be installing that in a few minutes.

I have had in my possession for some time an intercooler just waiting to be installed. I've had it for a year, but other things came up and I never installed it, them when I realized the turbo was starting to go south, I figured I'd wait until I replaced that before adding the IC.

My question is this, how do you hook up the blowby valve? I've seen a few pics here on the list of already installed IC's with blowby valves, but have not come across the diagram showing the actual installation. It's probably here somewhere, but I have yet to fine it.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Is it recirculating or athmospheric one ?

I have a imprezas cooler on top of my engine and it has forge motorport athmospheric dump valve on it. I never got it to work correctly with the engine. It always stays open after a one rev up.

But if you have a adjustable one it could work. You hook the vacuum control to the intake manifold side of throttle body so it can get the vacuum when trhottle is closed.

But if you have recirculating one the process is same but you hook the recirculating air line somewhere after the MAF/AFS (whaterver it's called in these things). In my case in my old car it was hooked up to the turbo inlet pipe and it worked well.

This might also light up some things: http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/main.asp?sitepages=dumpvalves

I concur with tombba. The difference would be with the bov. I've got a full atmospheric mounted to my fmic on my 87. It's adjustable and came with two different springs. Took some tuning to get it set right but at idle it should be fully closed. As far as your vacuum line going to it, it can be connected anywhere on your manifold best to do so after the throttle body. I can't post pictures from my phone, but if you pm me I can text you some pics if you would like.

Edited by mm88swrt