Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for Bremerton air conditioning expert

That was me!

Sorry, but I don't tend to be as active on here as I used to be.

What's up?

Thanks for the reply; sorry for my faulty memory. It looks like I might need to top up the charge slightly. I never did find out what refrigerant you used on it and I want to make sure I add something that's compatible. I've got the gauges and know how to use them. We have Sureshot, Hotshot, R12 and R134a available. If I remember correctly you did use a blend after finding all the leaks in the system; just don't remember which one.

I hope everything is okay with you; Regards, ---ed---

Well, its been a while and I no longer work there. However, if I recall correctly, we used DuraCool for that. The problem is that it is a blend, so the lighter gasses boil off first. That means you really can't just "top it off". Same applies to all the refrigerant blends. You'd need to evacuate the system and recharge from scratch.

Well, its been a while and I no longer work there. However, if I recall correctly, we used DuraCool for that. The problem is that it is a blend, so the lighter gasses boil off first. That means you really can't just "top it off". Same applies to all the refrigerant blends. You'd need to evacuate the system and recharge from scratch.
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.