Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fuel lines in the back

Ok so where to begin. First mistake put am pm gas in my rig. within 20 seconds of leaving the station my car instanltyy started sputtering and runing like crap. so i got it home and parked it. it sat for about a year, I decided to drive the 2wd hatch instead, so i went bck today to get it running, turns out, the back filter got gummed up and plugged, no gas getting to the front filter. changed the filters and all of a sudden fuel started leaking out of one of the metal lines, then it stopped i started the car no leaks, then i started smelling fuel again sure enough fuel started flowing again. So I moved them and felt around and boom all three rubber hoses running form the tank tore out of the metal lines. :( . has this happened to anyone, and how did you fix it, did you just run rubber or what?

Gonna have to get under there and find exactly where that leak is. My gut reaction is a rotted fuel line or a poor seal on one near the fuel filter. Whats the rust/rot situation on the car? We deal with it all over the place out here. Just got done replacing a rotted brake line on the adventure car. 3rd one in the last year.

There is 3 rubber hoses that run from the tank and hook into metal lines. All three lines crumbled the metal was rotted out. But the metal lines that run the chassis are fine. Just rigjt in the back right around the fuel pump are rotted. My hatxh is a bit rotten but i suppose I just need to get a t style fitting and just rubber and hope for the best. Lol damn rusty roo

There is 3 rubber hoses that run from the tank and hook into metal lines. All three lines crumbled the metal was rotted out. But the metal lines that run the chassis are fine. Just rigjt in the back right around the fuel pump are rotted. My hatxh is a bit rotten but i suppose I just need to get a t style fitting and just rubber and hope for the best. Lol damn rusty roo

How old is your car so we know when to look for it"?