Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I found a note on my Brat today

So I'm guessing this person that left the note, is not on this forum. It was a note asking for help in regards to his 83 Turbo, won't pass emissions because the turbo is blown(only has 93k miles on it).

My first thought would be to replace the turbo, but I don't know how available these turbos are. Thoughts?

I often would agree with you but if you could sell it and make money and do the project again, even better the 2nd time around, why not! Cash is king to me. If its a vehicle I would have a lot of trouble replacing that is of course a different story but its always an option.

The Ea82 turbocharger, uppipe and downpipe would swap in, much easier to find one of those.

Yep the TDO4 from the EA82 and all the plumbing (thats what we got here in OZland) will bolt in as a replacement and deliver a bit more power to the EA81T :)

I have had some guy off the street track me down while I was working and offer me $5,500 AU for my brumby. I nearly sold it to him but that would mean I would have to make another one like mine :(

TOONGA