Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

my lifted subi

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#51 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

yeah she hasnt let me down yet accept for the usual break something simple and fix it lol...

buy the way does anyone know where or if someone makes steel or at least stronger transvers links i keep breaking them ....

What do you mean breaking? Squirting all the juice out? Yours are probably liquid filled for less vibrations. Those break all the time. Just get some off a 04-07 STI. You shouldnt have a problem with those. 

#52 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

What do you mean breaking? Squirting all the juice out? Yours are probably liquid filled for less vibrations. Those break all the time. Just get some off a 04-07 STI. You shouldnt have a problem with those. 

no they sheer off right after the bolt to the subframe and right before the o where the rubber piece and nut go to hold it to the a arm ....basically that flat piece that the bolt gos thru keeps sheering off on both sides ...its happend three times ...

#53 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

no they sheer off right after the bolt to the subframe and right before the o where the rubber piece and nut go to hold it to the a arm ....basically that flat piece that the bolt gos thru keeps sheering off on both sides ...its happend three times ...

Must have way too much force on it. How is your lift constructed?

#54 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

just 4 '' steel blocks from high guys and sjr

#55 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

any solutions

#56 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Need pic of what is breaking

#57 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

alright will doo

#58 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

see the crack well its completly sheered off right there on both sides basically that keeps happening any solutions?

Attached File  trans link.jpg   58.52K   133 downloads

#59 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

Very strange. We've never had one break, even on the rally car where we break wheels, struts and lower control arms. I would try running the factory bolt through there. You will obviously need the proper nut too. The factory bolt is a flange head to disperse the clamping force more evenly on the large slotted hole. Or you can retain whatever bolt it is you are using and run a large diameter and thick washer. My guess is that the mating surface of that bolt is barely larger than the slotted hole, so it is trying to work its way into the hole and the only option it has is to open the hole. This will result in it cracking at the weakest point. Try it and see what happens.

#60 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

Very strange. We've never had one break, even on the rally car where we break wheels, struts and lower control arms. I would try running the factory bolt through there. You will obviously need the proper nut too. The factory bolt is a flange head to disperse the clamping force more evenly on the large slotted hole. Or you can retain whatever bolt it is you are using and run a large diameter and thick washer. My guess is that the mating surface of that bolt is barely larger than the slotted hole, so it is trying to work its way into the hole and the only option it has is to open the hole. This will result in it cracking at the weakest point. Try it and see what happens.

thanks i will try ...like i said this is the third one and it hasent happend to any one else yet ...soo im stumped too

#61 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Or even just try a large surfaced washer to disperse the load better.

#62 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

thanks you guys ill try and let you know what happens....

#63 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

#64 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

#65 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

a mini vid out at deep creek wash 

#66 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

keep it going!!!!

#67 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

https://fbcdn-sphoto...206899522_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphoto...724592176_o.jpg

#68 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

https://fbcdn-sphoto...724592176_o.jpg

#69 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

#70 wagonryan

wagonryan

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

Thats crazy the traverse links were breaking in that spot! neither of mine has gone yet! hope you got it figured out! the more I see your car, the more I like it man! keep thrashin on her

#71 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

i know im sopposed to start tieing all the blocks in, maybe thatll stop the breaks ..i think ...but my friend needs to stop falling threw !!!!!!!lol ....hes been busy so we hadnt got around to any welds yet.....and thanks again i love my car!!!!! it keeps giving me spoob but i cant be rid of her, not yet lol

Edited by ryot1, 15 December 2013 - 01:32 AM.

#72 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

#73 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

#74 AdventureSubaru

AdventureSubaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Scotts Valley, CA

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'd be willing to bet money that individual blocks + thrashing = broken links. I'm looking to do about 2-3 inches of body lift on mine and still going to tie it together. That's a pretty good stress point and probably one of the weaker ones, so I'll bet a few bucks worth of steel and an hour of welding will solve the breaking problem.

The wagon is looking great though. My sister is going to school in east L.A. Sometime when I'm down that way, you interested in taking the wagons out for a romp? Maybe even get a gathering together like the guys in the northwest do. Gotta be some other trail ready subes in southern California.

#75 ryot1

ryot1

New User

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • big bear lake

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

yeah i agree i dont know why i beat around the bush for so long but i cant wait to get her welded ....and when you come out here im more than down i know every trail in big bear you need to know ....trails for days ...maybe a camping trip with a bunch of soobs would be sick ?????? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users