Ultimate Subaru Message Board

One last rallycross for the year by ORG

edrach

Surprised they allow that as I think here we can't have events in other states as it takes away from the home states program. Ive heard of desire for events in Wyoming here blocked and events in Idaho wanted by Utah rally group that couldn't happen.

Surprised they allow that as I think here we can't have events in other states as it takes away from the home states program. Ive heard of desire for events in Wyoming here blocked and events in Idaho wanted by Utah rally group that couldn't happen.
Considering that Washington has virtually NO rallycross program currently, ORG is not stepping on anyone's toes by moving across the river into Vancouver.

I think one club blocking another's efforts is frankly counter-productive. The idea is to grow the sport and offer more events for competitors who chose to cross state lines is a good idea. The downside is when two clubs start using the same date, but that just requires proper scheduling.

ORG is composed of folks from both Oregon and Washington.

Ed, the date doesn't show up on their site. I'll be putting in a new clutch this weekend in my imp, sounds like a good way to break it in. . .

:headbang:

So far not on the 'site. I got an email from Rebecca via the ORG-l yahoo board. Still waiting for details. I too might be swapping in a new clutch on the 2002 Imp. We'll see what my kid finds when he drives it; I think 130K is about right for a new clutch that might have been abused.

Update received today:

We will be having a RallyCross on November 3rd in Vancouver, WA.

Please note: This site is an old gravel pit - so there are lots of rocks of varying sizes, and it may be rough on your car or at least your tires.

Registration and tech for all classes will be 9-10am. Competition runs will be approximately 10:30am to 5:00pm, with a quick lunch break around 1pm. All classes will run together, with one half running before the lunch break, and the other half running after the lunch break.

The driveway for the site is at 18208 SE 1st, Vancouver, WA 98684. This is next to a winery, but please do not use the winery driveway.

This will NOT be an ORG season championship points event - the 2012 championship is done. We may use this site for events next year, so I am hoping to get feedback on the site for planning purposes.

Spread the word!

Check OregonRally.com for the most up-to-date info. You can email me at rallycross@oregonrally.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm surprised that there's so little interest. The google earth view shows the potential field would be great for RX. Large too, about twice the size of the Hillsboro site. And in the middle of Vancouver; close for you Portland area guys. I still have a 3 hour drive to get there.

ORG is composed of folks from both Oregon and Washington.

Ed, the date doesn't show up on their site. I'll be putting in a new clutch this weekend in my imp, sounds like a good way to break it in. . .

:headbang:

Info is now posted. With luck I'll join you down there. I'm still not positive I'll be there altho I'm hoping that I will. Be great to close out my fractured RX season with a run on what looks like a great field. It's about twice the size of the Hillsboro site and all gravel; no grass and if it rains I suspect it'll be a mud fest. So much fun!!!!

The gravel part scares me. I love my shiny pretty car, wanna keep it like that. New clutch is in though.
Last RX school I went to, there was a shiny new Imp Sti enrolled. Fellow had taped up the entire lower half of the body with some type of protective tape to protect it from rocks and stuff. I'm not sure how he peeled it off; hopefully he had properly waxed it first and pulled the tape off slowly.

Packing up the Impreza this morning so I can get to Portland early and enjoy the local ambiance. Looking for enough of you to come out so it'll be a competitive event. See you there; introduce yourselves if you see my wife or me in the blue Imp wagon with the #44 on the side. I'd like to put some faces by the usernames I see here on the board.

If you were there you had a great time. If you weren't you missed a really fun event. A HUGE field---maybe 60 acres---with a splendid course laid out by Paul Eklund of Primitive Racing. I just love his courses; they flow smoothly from one exerecise to another. If you find the correct lines it's almost like the car is on autopilot.

Weather was perfect; overcast with no rain all day. But it had rained for the 5 previous days and the field was water-logged with large puddles (lakes?) here and there. For the most part the field held up for the 48 cars and 68 drivers that turned out for the event. A few (3 or 4) had trouble in the muddiest portion which was re-routed for the afternoon session. It was decided early on to run the course twice to save time; so instead of three 1-1/2 minute runs, we had two three minute runs. It was a hoot. My wife and I finished 1st and 4th in Prepared AWD class. As it turned my first was good for best time of day! I just love beating all the WRXs and Stis with my '97 Impreza wagon. Hooray for mud...the great equalizer.

Organization was great with the event starting a bit late due to the unexpected large turnout for this time of year. But the event finished on time around four pm with enough time for fun runs for those who hadn't enough.

There's real hope that this field will become a permanent venue for ORG for the next few years. I'm hoping that will happen. It also looks like it might also be suitable for the rallysprints that Primitive is hoping to get off the ground in 2013.

wow this was right in my back yard almost i wish i had good rubber for the rx i would have had some fun i hope to see it there again soon
Yea, there were a number of spectators viewing the rallycross from behind the winery that is adjacent to the field.