Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I believe GD told me the ej22 is capable of taking 10 psi on stock internals, or was that a dream? There's a legacy (gen before mine) and I was wondering if it would be possible to grab the y pipe turbo and downpipe and swap them directly into my engine. And what would I have to go through to run the oil supply line and return line.

I believe GD told me the ej22 is capable of taking 10 psi on stock internals, or was that a dream? There's a legacy (gen before mine) and I was wondering if it would be possible to grab the y pipe turbo and downpipe and swap them directly into my engine. And what would I have to go through to run the oil supply line and return line.

not sure about what the guts can handle, but i can tell you the flaws in your swapping stuff.

yes the y pipe will bolt up to the engine, but the cross member is different, the turbo cross member is notched for the pipe. the oil feed line is ran from a banjo bolt on the back of the passenger side head, not there on a NA motor. same goes with the oil return line, not there in a NA motor.

sure all those things could be over come, but it probably would end up being cheaper and easier to just find a turbo car and have fun with that, or a turbo motor.

5 psi is max on an N/A unless it's tuned for E85.

As noted - oil plumbing and exhaust fitment are just some of the issues you will run into - engine management, intake plumbing, and many other details which are not well documented in the communities are all hurdles to making it run correctly. It's not a simple task.

GD

have you ever seen a low boost NA motor? I'm wondering how it runs, I keep thinking a low boost turbo, normal compression set up on the mazdaru would be awesome. :clap:

A "low boost NA" is technically refered to as a "high compression turbo". Yes I've seen quite a few of these - it's a popular build for race fuel or E85. Especially in the sand rail community.

GD