Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally got to drive my 98 Impreza L

I just got back from a 1200+ mile round trip to Reno NV. Took the Impreza which I purchased afew months ago and have been awaiting paperwork on (so I wasnt able to legally drive it) The paperwork is finally due soon so I broke down and bought a 21 day trip permit for it and insured it so I can use it temporarily while I rebuild my GL's engine.

Wow, this car is SO nice... the passing power (who woulda thought you could accelerate from 55-95 so fast to pass an RV up at 4000 feet)

I still got 31 MPG doing all that spirited highway driving too :grin:

I definitely want to get a keeper EJ series car, this one just isnt it (auto tranny AND a sedan...) The seats suck too (I swapped in a legacy drivers seat from my brat for the drive down)

I can now sell it with confidence that it is indeed a good car.

You shoulda told me you'd be in Nevada. How long were you in Reno? Did you take I-80 from I-5 to Reno and back?

-Brian

Heeeeeeeeellllllllllllll no!

That way is WAY outta the way. I took I-5 to Mount Shasta (the town) then went east on 89?? to some other highway to Susanville to 395 to Reno.

I just got the salvage certificate for the car today... its finally mine!!!

Who wants to buy it? :brow:

You drove to Reno?? hahahaha I'm sorry you had to witness my town! :-\ I hope at least you went to Tahoe for some views. The way you went from shasta to susanville is the way to go. It's 2 hours longer if you went through Sacramento. Enjoy that ej22. My ea81 and ea82 dont do so well up here.

Later,

You drove to Reno?? hahahaha I'm sorry you had to witness my town! :-\ I hope at least you went to Tahoe for some views. The way you went from shasta to susanville is the way to go. It's 2 hours longer if you went through Sacramento. Enjoy that ej22. My ea81 and ea82 dont do so well up here.

Later,

Didnt go to tahoe, by the time we finally wanted to get out there it was time to go home, and I didnt want to drive any extra time (even with cruise control)

The EJ22 was great... it didnt struggle much at 4000 feet.

too bad its next on the chopping block of cars to sell (trying to unload it this week)

Keep the L, you can pick up an EJ twin turbo 260Hp stock) with tranny on ebay for under $1300. Drop that in, pick up a decent set of springs and KYB adjustables for under $400, throw in a fair set of wheels and tires for under $1000 and you have a beast for less than 3k of upgrades.

Keep the L, you can pick up an EJ twin turbo 260Hp stock) with tranny on ebay for under $1300. Drop that in, pick up a decent set of springs and KYB adjustables for under $400, throw in a fair set of wheels and tires for under $1000 and you have a beast for less than 3k of upgrades.

That idea is nice.... but I cant afford to have a $7000 plus beast at this time. I have a wedding coming up and still need to finish school. so the toys have to wait. The only way I can justify building up my 82 brat is that im gonna sell it after I play with it afew times.