Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any interest in new Gen 2 Brat gas tanks?

My fabricator is building me a new gas tank for my Brat, would anyone be interested in getting one made up if the price was right? They'd be made of aluminum, stock hookup but might be a slightly reduced capacity (save a lot of labour by not having it wrap perfectly around the diff)

What kind of price would they have to be?

For a lot of people, they would take the smaller tank as a sacrifice for having a tank that isn't rusted to ************! Which happens all the time in areas that have rust issues.

I second this. I am not in the market for a tank right now, but I have a 2g brat and I'm in Chicago. You do the math :)

How much is he wanting for a tank?

We're not sure yet, I gave him my old tank 2 days ago, so he's in the process of figuring it out now.

We're hoping somewhere in the $250 range, about the same as a new OEM tank if they were still around, but it's going to come down just cost of materials and time it's going to take him to make them.

A bonus would be having the outlets be available as stock or EFI rated hose size for the fuel pump. And if they were all EFI baffled so people could skip having to add or have a surge tank for EJ swapped cars.

Yea we're going to most likely baffle it as I'm running EFI

A problem might be that I removed all the emissions nipples off my tank when I fixed it a few years ago so all I have is inlet, outlet, fill and fill vent, so I don't think it'd be good for a stock setup with the charcoal canister

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Wondering if this is still available, or if anyone here knows where I can get a replacement tank for an 86 Brat. Just picked one up, and the tank is rotting out beyond repair. I've done some searching online, but the only tanks offered and universal fit, which I don't want to risk. Any suggestions?

Edited by deus ex machina

Wondering if this is still available, or if anyone here knows where I can get a replacement tank for an 86 Brat. Just picked one up, and the tank is rotting out beyond repair. I've done some searching online, but the only tanks offered and universal fit, which I don't want to risk. Any suggestions?

plus one

my 86 brats tank isnt doing so hot

Look at the last couple posts before yours. The custom one was prohibitively expensive so he bought a universal fuel cell.

Your options are:

repair yours

used

custom

universal

My Brat has a new OEM EA81 hatch tank in it (don't think it's still available, it was purchased many years ago), and has a plate to take up the extra space where it should mount.