Ultimate Subaru Message Board

vaccum lines

im fixing a car for my father-in-law. He had the motor rebuilt now im putting it back together... what a mess. im looking for a detailed vaccum line diagram and what emission stuff a can get rid of.. please help...

also its a 87 gl wagon and if i could get a couple of pics of the engine bay so i kno where everything goes would be great as well

Edited by 87subiegl

I'm not sure about the emission laws in your state so you should look in to that first. There isn't really any large benefit in "removing all the emission stuff" in my opinion. Secondly, does this car have a carb or is it fuel injected? An EA82 non turbo I assume?

Good Luck, need more info to really help you, and some pictures of what you have to work with would help also.

Go to the local Pick N Pull and take a picture of a car's vacuum lines that has just been put out in the yard.

I highly doubt there are many intact carbed GLs in the yards in PA anymore.

He needs a proper diagrahm. I may have one on my photobucket. Here's the electrical at least.

86Hitachicarb49ST.jpg

Edited by Gloyale

• 3 weeks later...

]yea i got the same one under the hood. just i need everything else. well i cant get my photos on. but on the top of the valve covers there is a plaace for some hoses. Where do they connect to? and could i get some pictures of the different motors

Alright, I'm kinda just about to leave to go to the Pick-N-Pull, so I didn't really have time to look over the diagrams. But I scanned in all the '87 vacuum diagrams from my Chilton manual, so there ya go. Don't know which one you need, but here is the diagrams for all '87 models.

vacuum1.jpg

vacuum2.jpg

vacuum3.jpg

vacuum4.jpg