Ultimate Subaru Message Board

round headlight conversion

I always wanted to do the round headlight conversion on my Brat, but never assembled all of the parts and sold off what I had... I was also concerned about replacement turn signals/bezels too as they are harder to find than the stock '82 style which I have lots of spares...

now I have the opportunity to do the conversion again (picked up a mostly running '86 STD Hatch, HG failure on EA71)

convert or sell..... that is the question....

post up your pics of your conversions to help me decide :)

here is my favorite round head lamp converted car. I know it's not a brat, but just looking at the front you can imagine it.

Eehkj.jpg

The change up would look sweet on your BRAT, but you're probably going to break them judging by the last pics you posted of the BRAT. I personally like the set up you have now. The whole package makes it look like the R/C BRATs.

Bratman what diamond cut lights did you use? Ebay specials?

Sorry to jack. But knowing this could help others who are hunting for the lights.

Pretty sure they were ebay specials. They came with the whole conversion I got from Monstaru. They were awesome! And the except newer style bulbs, instead of being sealed beam. The light output was much better than it ever was with the quad light setup, even with new lenses.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...