Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Quiet Riot. My 87 GL-10

AKghandi

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well one of my front axles went kaput, so the wagon is now rwd. Its alot of fun,, did some doughnuts on a gravel lot.  I also installed a whole new stero, new head unit, amp and sub. its a polk audio 8" sub with 400 watts. sounds really good

• 2 weeks later...

Wanna buy my 6" SJR EA82 Lift? still new in the box.......... It's the older generation lift with Aluminium componets. It's also posted on the Alaska4x4Network.com

You should twin stick it if it's not done already. I did that along with MANY other mods to mine and it was one of the very best mods I've ever done.

Oh yeah, and did you ever run that alternator I sold'ya...

I dont have any spare cash for it atm, plus i'd rather someone else pick it up and have another lifted subie to play with.

I haven't put that alt in yet, been busy and its not going in this car, its going in this one:

img0010kug.jpg

I'm also selling the blue gl-10 in about a month to pick up a 78 camaro, so i may be buying one of those intakes you have posted on cl the camaro has been ghetto riged in many ways and one is the incorect manifold.

Cool cool, I've got I think 6? Aluminium Manifolds, along with a wall of Performance SBC stuff... cams, heads, distributers, 3 Superchargers, High Rev Kit, a few sets of tall welded aluminium valve covers, valve girdles, and lots of goodies and EFI leftovers from my 6.7L S-10.

My buddy found a trashed upside down and ran over Subaru grown over in bushes way out in the mountains. I'll try to pull the keepers off before the snow gets to it.

Swing by some time and I'll help you weld the rear, Twin Stick it, pull your swaybars and throw in a 2nd E-Brake Handle. (One for each front tire) Welded rear, full controll of each front tire slippage and lots more flex = you go places you used to wish you could go

Sounds awesome! I may have to come buy some of those SBC parts.... like mayhaps one of those superchargers :grin: .....I'd love to come out and get the subie up to par, a welded rear will deffinatly help with that. the other stuff might be a little much because its going to be on the road most of the time. but I will take all the help I can get.

the camaro I'm gettin is in good shape but it needs some work.. mostly engine stuff. I dont know much about SBC's but i know a holley 800 double pumper has no place on top a stock 350 with stock headers and the wrong intake.

I still have your number I think, If i do i'll give you a call so we can work out a time for me to come out.

also post that lift here if you havent already, someone here will buy it

Edited by AKghandi

• 1 month later...

So the final stage of this build has been completed!!

full stock exhaust with new gaskets from the up pipe back.

new brake pads, front hoses, and a new master cylinder from a legacy.

BEST BRAKES EVER. no more squishy!

A new drive shaft and 2 new front axles.

plus I did an oil change.

Now I just need to clean it and its up for sale!.