Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4 Little Subbies sitting in the trees

petina.jpganewlifeahead.jpgHey Bennie,Well I fiannaly got to go get the 1982 GL Wagon with the coveted 3rd eye from the forest in the Great Northwet(west).. And it shows.More rust than i was hopeing for but not terminal... We couldn't try and start it cause the starter was gone.So With the help of a old friend we towed it home,about 10 miles,down hill with iffy breaks.You know as i get older i realize.....I should have used a towbar.I was sweatin it most of the way home and praying "all goes well"..It did...Thank God!! The breaks at the peddle were almost nill and the e-brake was a little better. I hate to think if i would have had to make a panic stop..Well live and learn.I should have taken the time to do it safely..next time...Anyway The yellow 84 is cleaning up niceley as well as the green GL10(no pictures yet) I am going to pull all the carpet from them as they are "really funkey smellin".I think that and a good inside scrubbin and some new carpet are in order...so I have my work to do.But you know ....i love this...taking someones junk and making it cool again...very satisfying for me..."Idle hands are tools of the devil!!" hahassubarus004.jpg[/img] well i so hope the pictures work. I'm learning all the "fancy stuff!!" Oh and the moss shot is the 1974 wagon being called back to Mother Earth Edited by old sub freak
just learning this stuff

The rocker panels are right under the doors and yes they are good..the first 2 had rust there. All 3 were stored in the worst possible place...But I think with some $ and labor 2 of them will be keepers.The 82 with the 3rd eye Has the worst rust of them all.There is a couple of 1 inch holes IN THE ROOF !!! the bolts that hold the roof rack are rusted through and then some... But i think with some duct tape and paint it will be fine..haha I will be working on the drive trains and then see what can be done with the body.The 83 and 84 are running good and should just do better with new filters and "messin with 'em" My favorite pass time...So I will do a update in time.Thanks,Todd :banana:

• 7 months later...

Well the green GL10 is now her daily driver...And she is loving it.   the dash guages are all doing good,She hasn't tried the cruze control yet.......I have the 82 gl is up for sale.The body is ruff but the drive train is tight....its on the sale board...And the yellow 84 is stashed in the barn for later....Good to have a few "on the sly" haha,Todd