Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What battery are you running?

Guest Toyofast

Guest Toyofast

So... what battery is everyone running in their cars?

The Subaru I'm getting needs a battery. I figure that I would just get an Optimia and drop it in there.... is this too much or ??

Optima's are functional for all vehicles. But price could be an issue as well. If you don't wheel your Subaru like a Jeep or Suzuki then you won't need it. I run dual batteries and the bonus battery is an Optima.

Qman

Guest Adam N.D.J.

I've got an Everstart for the main battery, and an Optima for the Aux in the Brat, and in my others I've got an Everstart, haven't had any probs with them, and I've got a bit of stereo in the coupes. Catch ya Laters.

Guest Flowmastered87GL

I run a battery from les schwab.... its the standard issue basic subaru battery. Its $59.95 I think.. I just bought one for the brat and it starts MUCH easier now. I have one in my 87 too. I had one in my 87 GL-10 Turbowagon also. Cant beat les schwab service :D

Guest Caboobaroo

I bought a remanufactures battery for 20 bucks after core (my old battery) for one of my Camaros and I have not had any problems with it for 2 years now and its still going.

Guest RedLance

I had an Optima in my XT (Jezabelle), but when she blew her head gaskets, it ended up in my F250. Optima's are $130 where I live, and that's quite a lot around here. I went with a $40 Champion from Sam's Club this time. It's got a 3 year free replacement, so I think it'll be good. We have also had good luck with Interstates, and dad had a Champion that lasted 4-5 years in his F250. Exides have also been good to us.

RedLance

Guest Snowman

I've had a red-top optima in my subaru for about a year, and it's great. No more worries about discharging with my 510 watts of auxilliary lights, or running the stereo with the engine off for extended periods of time. If you can afford it, optimas are worth the cost.

Guest grease weasel

optima red. I drove around all day without an alternator just running on the optima and you could not even tell.the battery never even got weak.It's a 120 dollar battery but I think they are the best you can buy. I got mine on sail for $90 at G.I. Joes on sale.Oh ya cold cranking amps are strong also.This helps a lot on really cold mornings.No water ,it is a gel cell you can mount it up side down if you need.No acid spill if ya like rough roads.

Guest Toyofast

I'll probably be going with an Optima just for self assurance reasons. Plus I can get wholesale costs on them through work... or just go to Thrifty's and get one from their blem pile for half the price of a new one.:D

For those of you running dual batterys... how'ed you do it? How did you set it up, kit or self made setup? Got pics of your engine bay to show it off?