Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If anyone has a CarFax account and has the unlimited VIN checks...I need one checked out for me.

4S3BG4859T6987369

Thanks a lot. It is a 1996 Outback 5 speed. 90500 miles. Asking $6998 at a local Ford dealer.

This might be the car for me. :D I hope this one runs well and does not get sold before I can get to it (both have happened...1995 Legaacy was sold before I could go back and test it and I tested a 1998 Legacy and it had problems)

matt@mattocs.net if anyone can check it out. Thanks people :)

Its hard to find a 5 speed. I looked at 100s of cars yesterday (Subaru, Honda, Nissan, VW, etc. and saw 4 5 speeds)

I saw like 6 used Subarus and I even went to a damn Subaru dealer. Maybe people just hold on to their manual trans. cars or something.

I didnt recieve email from you, subeman90. matt@mattocs.net is my email address...perhaps you typed it wrong or my email is slow.

Anyways, yeah...converting a auto to a manual trans would be a lot of work...and its even hard to find a 1995 - 1998 2.2l Legacy in good shape with any kind of transmission.

I dunno what to do. I know I will be unhappy with the car unless its a Subaru. The 1996 Outback I am thinking about might not be so bad. I wouldn't mind driving a wagon...lots of room.

I don't need the VIN ran...I signed up for CarFax.

I went and looked at the 1996 OBW. 90k miles...they wanted $6998 for it and then said they could give it for $5998. I will know tomorrow if my loan was approved...so i'll go check it out again on Wed. and test drive it and all that and make a decision. I will offer them $5500.

The hood has a dent...and the front grill and and Subaru emblem are messed up (looks like that hit a corner of a high bumper, loading dock, or something...just needs the dent fixed and a new plastic piece)

Other than that its in nice shape. The inside is wonderful...its perfect. There some sime minor dings and scaped paint on the rear of the one bumper.

I am gonna keep looking...but i'm gonna keep this one in mind :D