Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Things are still moving forward..

Well Sunday was a wash and the only thing I got done was to fab up the shifter lever. But today showed some progress. The morning was spent collecting parts and pieces. I drove up to Winchester and picked up the driveshafts that GL Dunn made up. They used Spicer components and new tubes. The only thing used from the Nissans were the slip yolks. The whole thing is greasable and rebuildable. I snagged the new brake line extensions, more bolts for things, then hit the machine shop to get them to plasma cut my strut tops. I made it home by about 2:00. The new rear shocks and the steering stabilizer were waiting on the back portch. I bolted the driveshafts in place, then tied up a bunch of loose ends like bolting things back in like the bumper, fuel cell, and what not. I got the tierod side of the steering stabilizer done and discovered that the chassis side bracket was missing. I called Rancho and they have another one inbound. The stabilizer kit was made for a Toyota 4 runner, 4 more bolts and it is done. Tommorow is the new strut tops, bleed the brakes, drop in the lower shock bolts, and tie up a few more loose ends. The tranny and engine should be headed back into the truck Wed. Maybe some final tie ins on Thursday. It is fair to say that the truck could be driving again by the end of next week.

Still on track, everything I planned to do today got done and done well. The engien and tranny is on the plate for tommorow and thursday if needed. Then I work on Turs. Fri. Sat. and Sun. nights then hit it hard on Mon. after a nap. I imagine Mon. and Tue. will be tieing up more loose ends and Wed. will be some test driving. Then back to the loose ends like the skid plates, getting the wheels painted etc.

Yeah good way of stating it. It feels strange to look back and call the 30x12s the "stock" tires. And remember when it had that minor 8 inches of lift. Or those small Ranchos with ONLY 8 inches travel. I am already eyeing up the EJ20TT and type RA tranny, would hold up to this use nicely. At some point I have to run out of places to attatch new parts and that means I am done right?

lol, yeah, right.

Hopefully in the next few months I can come to the fabrication stages on my newest brain short circuit. It should push the envelope and the imagination over the edge. I have to finished the mental imaging first then start collecting parts. But you know how that goes.

Yeah, I am still working out the finals and parts for the Hyabusa powered 360 sedan. Should be in the 11 second range with streetable tires, sub 10 with R compound or other sticky rubber. The biggest problem is the diff being fed by the tranny on the Hya engine. The feed is simple enough actually, it is deciding on a diff to use. I am seriously looking at the R160 LSD from the 2000+ Impreza.